Human Resource and Employment Relations Minor
The Human Resource and Employment Relations minor helps prepare students to direct employees toward attaining their personal as well as organizational goals.
For non-Quinlan students the minor in human resources requires 18 credit hours as follows:
- HRER 301: Principles of Human Resource Management
- Two courses from the following list:
- ISSCM 241: Business Statistics or PSYC 304: Statistics
- ECON 201: Principles of Microeconomics or ECON 202: Principles of Macroeconomics
- MGMT 201: Managing People and Organizations or PSYC 362: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- INFS 247: Business Information Systems
- Three 300-level Human Resource classes in addition to HRER 301.
Quinlan students who wish to pursue a minor in human resources must complete two 300-level HRER courses in addition to HRER 301.
HRER 300-level courses:
- HRER 311: Employee Relations
- HRER 313: Compensation Management
- HRER 317: Staffing
- HRER 322: HR Development
- HRER 329: Global HR and Organization Behavior
At the discretion of the Quinlan School of Business assistant dean, a maximum of one transfer course taken prior to matriculating at Loyola University Chicago may be allowed. A 2.0 average GPA is required for all attempted business courses. (BA in Economics students must also earn a 2.0 average GPA for all attempted Economics courses).
Quinlan students are limited to double dipping once (that is, counting one course twice) between any major or minor combination, regardless of what program the major or minor is taken in. Non-Quinlan students are limited to double dipping twice (that is, counting two courses twice) between business school minors and/or their respective majors.
Students planning to study abroad are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor early in the planning stage. A student will be permitted to take up to two approved courses in any Quinlan major or minor (and including BA Economics majors). All courses must be approved by the Quinlan Undergraduate Dean.