Tips for a safe and happy Halloween weekend
Halloween weekend is upon us, and people around the City of Chicago will put on their costumes to "trick-or-treat" their way through our communities.
While we know our students remain focused on academics, we also know that some of you will celebrate Halloween with your peers. It is our hope that you will make smart and informed decisions about how you choose to spend the weekend.
Here are tips to help keep you safe this weekend and always:
- Don’t go out by yourself–travel with a group of friends to help you stay alert.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Remember the Student Promise–care for yourself, care for others, and care for the community.
- Look out for each other and respect the choice not to drink.
- Remember Loyola’s Good Samaritan Policy.
- Be respectful of our neighbors and our neighborhood.
- Not all people behind a mask are friendly–be aware of who is around you.
- Avoid high-risk behaviors involving alcohol. If you choose to drink, be responsible and check out these tips. If you are under 21, know the laws about fake IDs and under-age drinking.
- Use 8-RIDE by calling 773-508-RIDE (7433).
- Attend events on campus this weekend, including a Halloween-themed film series, Masquerade Dance, and more!
We trust in your ability to make good, healthy decisions. These tips are designed to help our entire community celebrate Halloween in a safe environment.
Vice President, Student Development