Have a Safe St. Patrick's Day
While we know our students remain focused on academics, we also know that some of you will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your peers. It is our hope that you will make smart and informed decisions about how you choose to spend the weekend.
Here are tips to help keep you safe this weekend and always:
- Don’t go out by yourself—travel with a group of friends.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Remember, ours is a community of care—speak up and step in if a Rambler is in need.
- Remember the Student Promise—care for yourself, care for others, and care for the community.
- Look out for each other and respect those who make the choice not to drink.
- Remember Loyola’s Good Samaritan Policy.
- Be respectful of our neighbors and neighborhood.
- Avoid high-risk behaviors involving alcohol. If you choose to drink, be responsible and check out these tips. If you are under 21, know the laws about fake IDs and under-age drinking.
- Use 8-RIDE by calling 773-508-RIDE (7433).
- Attend events on campus this weekend, including Colossus 2015, St. Baldrick’s Day, Athletic competitions, and more! Click here for details.
We trust in your ability to make good, healthy decisions. These tips are designed to help our entire community celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a safe environment.
Vice President for Student Development