Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that summer housing for Summer 2020 is currently cancelled. Typically, summer housing is available on both the Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses for students taking summer school classes. Below you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions!
Yes. We require students to be registered in at least one class for each session they are applying to live in our Lake Shore Campus summer housing. For our Water Tower Campus, students only taking one class will live in Baumhart for the entire summer.
- If you would like to live at the Lake Shore Campus then you will live in Bellarmine Hall.
- If you would like to live at the Water Tower Campus then you will live in Baumhart Hall.
- You can find them on our website in the Current Student tab and the Summer Housing link: http://www.luc.edu/reslife/currentstudents/summerhousing/
- The guest check in and out procedures are the same for summer as they are for the Upper Class halls. All guests must be checked in and out and must stay with their host at all times. However there are no overnight passes or gender restrictions.
- Information on the summer transition can be found on our website at the following link: http://www.luc.edu/reslife/currentstudents/summerhousing/
- If you are still enrolled in classes during the summer then no, it is a binding contract just as it is throughout the regular academic year.
- If you have dropped your summer classes then yes. You will be required to move out of your summer assignment if at any point you drop your classes.
- The singles will be in the studio doubles in Bellarmine. The availability of singles depends on the demand, and the selection is a first come first serve for the summer.
- Assignments will begin the first week of April. There is no official deadline, as we will be accepting applications throughout the summer. However availability is on a first come first serve basis and students should turn in applications sooner rather than later.