Move In Fall 2022
Students moving into the residence halls should follow the below steps. Please note that masks are still encouraged on campus in areas where social distancing is difficult to maintain, such as elevators and hallways.
- Check-In | We will have check-in zones for various buildings on campus. Please first go to the zone for your building. Your specific move in location will be communicated in your Move In Email. Provide a photo ID to the staff at check-in station for your building, where you will be issued your key and important information. If you are arriving by public transit, Greyhound, or other mode of transportation other than personal vehicle, just let the check-in desk know that upon your arrival.
- Unload | You will arrive at your building location and unload your belongings. You are permitted to have a maximum of two guests help you unload and move into your room. You can check out one cart to move their items from the parking structure to their rooms. Please try to limit the amount of items you bring. Please see the packing list section below for more detail.
- Park | After unloading, proceed to the main parking structure (P1 on the Lakeshore Campus Map)
- Submit eRCR | The Room Condition Report (eRCR) documents the condition of your room prior to your arrival. Please review and submit this form once you are in your room but before you unpack.
- Unpack | Unpack your belongings and get comfortable in your room. Take any trash/recycling to the appropriate designated areas.
- Connect | Check your email for more information about connecting to the network and to the Loyola community.
Welcome to Loyola. Welcome home.
All students must have their vaccination status uploaded on the Loyola Health website prior to their arrival in order to check in. You may do that here. If a student's vaccination status is not uploaded at the time of their arrival for Move-In, they will not be permitted to check in.
Please refer to the Return to Campus website here for the most updated information regarding vaccination, testing, and mask guidelines.
You can find detailed information about what is permitted to move into the halls, as well as what decorations are permitted, etc. at our Room Care and Facility Policies Page.
bed linens (twin XL), pillows, and blankets
mobile phone, charger, accessories
basic first-aid supplies
waste basket and bags
computer and accessories
notebooks, folders, binders, etc.
HE laundry detergent/dryer sheets
sewing kit and safety pins
minifridge (max 4.2 cu.ft.; 1 per room)
Not permitted in apartment-style buildings
microwave (max. 800 watts; 1 per room)
power strips/surge protectors
some dishes/flatware/pots and pans
Do NOT Bring
sofas, futons, and other excess furniture
air conditioning units (all rooms have air conditioning)
appliances with exposed heating elements
pets (except fish)
alcohol or alcohol containers (if under 21)
See the Community Standards for more information.
Welcome to Loyola. Welcome home.
Included below are some tips to help you have an enjoyable Move-In experience.
- Don't overpack | Everything you need should fit into 1 moving cart (carts are 48"x28.5"x59"). Excess furniture is prohibited. Please see our Suggested Packing List (included in the next section) for tips.
- Travel in one (1) vehicle only | Multiple cars, RVs, and other large vehicles will not be permitted in the campus parking garage or residence hall unloading zones.
- Arrive at your allotted time | Move in times will be carefully alotted to allow for social distancing for both students and staff.
- Be prepared | Have a photo ID out and ready as you go to the check in location.