Move-In Fall 2018
- Wednesday, August 15 | Law 1 Orientation Attendees + Leaders (must request Early Arrival)
- Tuesday, August 21 | Baumhart Hall residents
Lake Shore Campus
- TBA | International First Year Student Orientation
- TBA | Incoming Transfer students attending Orientation
- Tuesday, August 21 | First Year students
- Wednesday, August 22 | First Year students
- Thursday, August 23 | First Year and Incoming Transfer students
- Friday, August 24 | No Move-ins permitted. Please attend Convocation.
- Saturday, August 25 | Upper-Class students
- Sunday, August 26 | Students may continue to arrive
Students arriving before their assigned arrival time may be redirected to the parking garage and may need to wait until their arrival time begins or until conditions allow for an additional move-in slot. Students may move-in after their assigned arrival time, but we cannot guarantee staff or volunteers will be available to assist.
Welcome to Loyola. Welcome home.
clothing (Chicago weather ranges from hot to cold)
bed linens (twin XL), pillows, and blankets
mobile phone, charger, accessories
basic first-aid supplies
waste basket and bags
computer and accessories
notebooks, folders, binders, etc.
laundry detergent/dryer sheets
High Efficiency (HE) detergent only
iron and ironing board
sewing kit and safety pins
*University provided vacuums will only be available for check-out at winter break, spring break, and closing.
minifridge or MicroFridge (max 4.2 cu.ft.; 1 per room)
Not permitted in apartment-style buildings
microwave (max. 800 watts; 1 per room)
desk lamp and light bulbs
power strips/surge protectors
playing cards and board games
|Do NOT Bring||
sofas, futons, and other large furniture
air conditioning units
appliances with exposed heating elements
pets (except fish)
alcohol or alcohol containers (if under 21)
See the Community Standards for more information.