Move-In Spring 2018
When you arrive at on campus at your allotted time, please proceed to the check-in location noted in your Move-In Manual. Parents/families/helpers should remain with your vehicle unless it is legally parked. You may only check-in at your designated check-in location, which is noted on the Map page of your Move-In Manual.
- Check-In | Bring your Loyola ID to your check-in location, where you will be issued your key and important information.
- Unload | You may borrow a cart from your check-in location and use it to unload your vehicle. Your vehicle may not obstruct roadways or violate parking restrictions.
- Park | After your vehicle is unloaded, please park in a designated parking area. Parking may be available in the parking garage or nearby lots at the posted rates.
- Meet Up | Students and helpers should meet at the student's room.
- Submit eRCR | The Room Condition Report (eRCR) documents the condition of your room prior to your arrival. Please review and submit this form once you are in your room but before you unpack.
- Unpack | Unpack your belongings and get comfortable in your room, if your roommate hasn't arrived yet, be sure to leave them an equal space. Take any trash/recycling to the appropriate designated areas.
- Settle in | Take some time to meet your roommate(s), floormates, Resident Assistant, Desk Receptionists, Graduate Assistants, and Resident Director. They will all be a great resource during your time at Loyola University Chicago.
Welcome to Loyola. Welcome home.
clothing (Chicago weather ranges from hot to cold)
bed linens (twin XL), pillows, and blankets
mobile phone, charger, accessories
basic first-aid supplies
waste basket and bags
computer and accessories
notebooks, folders, binders, etc.
laundry detergent/dryer sheets
High Efficiency (HE) detergent only
iron and ironing board
sewing kit and safety pins
*University provided vacuums will only be available for check-out at winter break, spring break, and closing.
minifridge or MicroFridge (max 4.2 cu.ft.; 1 per room)
Not permitted in apartment-style buildings
microwave (max. 800 watts; 1 per room)
desk lamp and light bulbs
power strips/surge protectors
playing cards and board games
|Do NOT Bring||
sofas, futons, and other large furniture
air conditioning units
appliances with exposed heating elements
pets (except fish)
alcohol or alcohol containers (if under 21)
See the Community Standards for more information.