The University’s housekeeping vendor, The Millard Group, will focus their attention on regular cleaning of high-touch areas in all common spaces, along with nightly cleaning of all used spaces. Sanitizing wipes will be provided for users to wipe down any surfaces in dining halls, libraries, gatherings spaces, and classrooms. Sanitizing spray and paper towels will be provided in office suites so that employees can clean their immediate work surfaces.
Millard has provided Loyola with a COVID-19 health and safety reopening plan that outlines Millard’s safety and enhanced cleaning procedures, as well as its protocols should a Millard employee test positive for COVID-19.
The Millard Group has provided Loyola with a COVID-19 Health & Safety Reopening Plan document that outlines the following:
- Millard Employee Safety: Includes information on training, hand-washing requirements, PPE training, sanitization of equipment, time clock procedures, social distancing, signage, and health screenings
- COVID-19 Positive Procedures for Millard Employees: Includes protocols for next steps and measures taken when an employee of Millard tests positive, including notification to Loyola and contact tracing procedures
- Enhanced Cleaning Procedures: Includes hourly disinfection of high-touchpoint areas in opened buildings throughout campus, slowing cleaning speeds to allow for appropriate dwell time to kill the virus
- Cleaning Protocol for Confirmed Case of COVID-19: Includes the following steps:
1. Identify areas requiring disinfection; through contact tracing, Loyola will provide Millard with the locations that an infected person visited within 48 hours, as well as determine the extent to which those areas can and will be ventilated and closed to the public prior to and during disinfection
2. The areas identified for disinfection should, if possible, be closed to the public and ventilation increased by maintenance staff for a period of 24 hours, or as long as possible prior to disinfection
3. Disinfect all areas and touch points used or potentially used by the person who is sick
4. Where applicable, vacuum the area with the HVAC system or fans temporarily turned off to minimize the escape of viral particles
5. Once the disinfection is completed, Millard will communicate to the appropriate contact that the area is now clean and may be reopened
For the full document, click here.