Title/s: Adjunct Professor
After his university-formation as an archaeologist (Palermo; Rome), G. Scichilone has been Fulbright Fellow of the American Academy in Rome (1958-59) and Fellow of the Scuola Archeologica Italiana di Atene (1960). Since 1964 he has served in the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage in various places and positions (Inspector, Director, Superintendent, until 2004, when he left the service as Head of the Service for Archaeological Sites and Museums of Italy). As a civil servant, he has been appointed to various international responsibilities (with UNESCO, Council of Europe, ICCROM, etc. ) and has been Consultant to various countries, in the Mediterranean Region and Africa. He has taught continuously since Fall 1971 at the Rome Center of Loyola University and, with reference to his professional experiences in both Archaeology and Museum Studies, has been guest-teacher or lecturer for various Universities, Organizations and Institutions in Europe, U.S.A, Africa and Asia. His bibliography reflects the variety of his interests.