Summer Course Offerings
Summer at the JFRC
Summer Session 2022
Dates: May 20-June 24
Program fees include: Tuition, 2 classes (6 credits), housing, some meals, emergency medical and travel insurance
- There's nothing like summer in la Città Eterna! Get ahead with your core requirements throughout our five week session while learning from some of the JFRC's finest faculty. With the possibility of on-site classes to turn Rome into your classroom, the JFRC is so much more than just studying abroad. It's an immersive global education at your fingertips.
- Here are Summer 2022 course offerings:
|Dept & Crse #||Class #||Course Title||Core Area / Pre-requisites / Notes|
|CLST 276||2856||World of Classical Rome||Tier 2 Historical core; Course fee|
|ENVS 283||2501||Environmental Sustainability||Tier 2 Scientific core|
|FNAR 342||2497; 2846||Art in Rome; Art in Rome||Artistic; Course Fee|
|HIST 101||2499||The Evolution of Ideas & Institutions to the 17th Century||Tier 1 Historical core|
|ITAL 101||2440||Italian I|
|ITAL 102||2441||Italian II|
|LITR 280||2500||World Masterpieces in Translation||Tier 2 Literary core|
|THEO 266||2496||Church and Global Cultures||Tier 2 Theological core|
|THEO 279||2447||Roman Catholicism||Tier 2 Theological core; Course Fee|
|WSGS 201||2498||Contemporary Topics in WSGS: Migration, Identity, Sexuality||Tier 2 Societal & Cultural core / Writing Intensive|
- Two paired sequences or "fusion experiences" will be offered. These specially-designed pairs will involve instruction on campus as well as travel to the specified reqion of Italy for instruction and an immersive on-site experience.
- World of Classical Rome / Intro to Classical Archaeology Rome (Sicily) This is a great opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience with ancient history as you explore the ruins of Sicily and participate in archaeological fieldwork! Splitting time between the John Felice Rome Center and Sicily, students will explore the culture, food and history they immerse themselves in.
- Foundations of Photography / Food & Wine of Italy (Abruzzo) Between Rome and the majestic hills of the region of Abruzzo, students interested in comparative cultures, photography or international studies will experience Italy through food, wine and the people they will meet.