Visiting Student Fall 2015 Term or Full-Year 2015-2016
A photocopy of your valid passport must be submitted at the time of your online application. Once your application is submitted online an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions on where to send your official transcript
|Term||Opening Date for OnLine Applications||Closing Date for OnLine Applications*|
|Fall 2016 / AY 2016-2017||December 15, 2015||April 15, 2016 or earlier if program reaches capacity|
Please be aware that registration for a term will have opened well before the published closing date for applications, so classes may have already filled should a student delay applying.
The Rome Center welcomes applications from qualified students enrolled in any accredited baccalaureate-granting college or university in the United States. Participating students from schools other than Loyola University Chicago are admitted to the John Felice Rome Center as "visiting" students. Applications are generally accepted approximately eight months ahead of a term's start date.
Visiting students should check with their home institution's study abroad office prior to submitting the on-line application as many institutions have procedures in place to benefit their students.
The following requirements must be met before an application will be reviewed:
- At least 12 semester hours (or 18 quarter hours) of credit earned
- Attainment of at least a 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) cumulative grade point average
- In good academic and disciplinary standing
- In possession of a valid passport
- Approval from home institution to study abroad at the JFRC
- Program Application: Please complete Loyola's Study Abroad OnLine Application for your semester or year at the John Felice Rome Center. And alert your study abroad advisor or coordinator at your home institution that you are applying online. Instructions for the on-line form are provided on the application itself.
- Passport: Upload a photocopy of the basic information page of your valid passport. "Valid" for the Department of Homeland Security and consequently for all international airlines is a passport with an expiration date at least six months after the end date of your international travel. Be sure your current passport is "valid." If you have applied for a new passport or are waiting for your renewed passport please upload a copy of the passport renewal receipt in order to learn a decision about admission, and then upload a copy of the renewed passport when you receive your new passport.
- Study Abroad / Academic / Judicial Life Recommendation. Once you have submitted your on-line application, an e-mail will automatically be sent to the study abroad advisor or coordinator at your home institution requesting his / her recommendation. He or she will send the recommendation back via e-mail to the Rome Center's Chicago Office. Your study abroad advisor will be asked to address your academic and behavioral readiness for study abroad, as well as your history at your home institution.
- Official Transcript: Please send all transcripts from your home institution and any other colleges or universities you attended previously to: Loyola University Chicago, The John Felice Rome Center, 1032 W. Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL 60660
Applications are reviewed when completed. Keep in mind, however, that applications will not be reviewed until the study abroad advisor's recommendation has been uploaded to your on-line application. A decision may be issued before receipt of your official transcript by the Rome Center's Chicago Office, but your transcript is required afterwards to confirm any offer of admission.
Notification of admission is sent to applicants via e-mail from Loyola's Office for International Programs (OIP).
To log back into your application at any time to complete an unfinished application, click here.