Getting to Rome shouldn't be a problem. In fact, with our affordable payment plan, scholarships, and discounts, a semester at the JFRC can sometimes cost less thanliving at your home institution.
Use these resources to learn and plan an affordable semester, full year or summer in Rome!
- Roundtrip flight: $700 – $1500
- Study trips (purchased at JFRC in Euro): $35 – $1500
- Books & class supplies: $200 – $500/semester
- Mandatory CISI health insurance: $300/semester
- Approximate amount for spending during a semester : $2,500 – $6,000
Some advice for deciding how much spending money you will need in Rome
- What do you normally spend in one semester at your home institution?
- Convert that amount in to the current Euro exchange rate.
- You will be spending more than your normal amount while in Rome.
- Remember: You will be going out to dinners more frequently than during a normal semester, traveling, participating in student activities (i.e. playing on the JFRC intramural soccer league €45/semester), and shopping!
As a Loyola Chicago student, studying at the JFRC is affordable because you can apply your federal (non-work study), state, and Loyola aid to your Rome Center semester fees!
Financial Aid Advising
If you have questions, please email the Office of Student Financial Assistance to determine what type of financial aid will transfer to your study abroad program: abroadfinaid@LUC.edu
All students from partnering universities should consult your home study abroad advisor to confirm the costs of the JFRC and what aid may apply. You should also speak with your Financial Aid office for assistance on what type of aid is available to you for study abroad. Visiting students also have the opportunity to apply for JFRC specific scholarships.
The semester is considered as beginning the day on which a student's presence is required at the Rome Center as listed in the official school calendar.
Students withdrawing completely will have their room and board charges pro-rated according to the number of days spent at the Rome Center. Tuition and fees will be adjusted according to the schedule determined by the LUC Office of the Bursar.