Program Costs and Study Abroad Scholarships
Getting to Rome shouldn't be a problem. In fact, with our affordable payment plan, scholarships, and discounts, a semester at the JFRC may actually cost less than staying home. Here's the breakdown:
JFRC Semester Costs 2019-2020 for Loyola University Chicago students
- Tuition (12-18 credits) - $22,065
- Room and board, including declining balance card for Rinaldo's Cafe on campus - $6,856
- Study abroad fee (payable upon application) - $100
- Technology Fee - $125
- Permesso di soggiorno fee - $180
- SAFEY App - $70
- CISI (international student health insurance) - $300
Total (excluding scholarships, financial aid, and other discounts) - approximately $29,758, about $2,000 less than on-campus in Chicago.
Semester Costs for Visiting Students to the JFRC vary significantly from those above. Contact email@example.com for details.
Tuition Due Dates
|Term||e-Bill Generated||Tuition Due Date|
|Fall||July 15th||August 5th|
|Spring||December 15th||January 5th|
|Summer||April 15th||May 5th|
To review a summary of your account activity online, please refer to your LOCUS Account Summary at www.luc.edu/locus.
For more information please visit the Bursar's website.
Follow the Study Abroad Scholarships link and apply for one of the several scholarships available to all JFRC students during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
- Consult your home institution's study abroad advisor to confirm costs of the JFRC and what aid may apply.
- Tuition and fees at the JFRC are comparable to, and may cost less than, a semester in Chicago.
- All federal, state, and Loyola aid will apply (federal work study does not).
- Office of the Bursar
- Choose a five-week option, a three-week fusion experience, the five-week session followed by a three-week fusion experience, or a nine-week internship
- 5-week on campus (Session I: May 20 - June 21, 2019)
- 3-week food, wine, and photography fusion on campus and in Abruzzo (Session II: July 1 - 20, 2019) "Comparative Italian Cultures through Food, Wine, and Photography"
- 3-week theology and human rights fusion on campus and in Malta (Session II: July 1 - 20, 2019) "Humans on the Move: Migration, Justice, and Identity"
- Day-long excursions are included in the five week session; the three-week experiences are on-site most of that time.
- Enjoy extended off-campus orientation outside of Rome.
- Acclimate yourself to your new surroundings through on-site lectures at the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
Still have questions? To learn more about the John Felice Rome Center please contact a JFRC Representative. Also visit the scholarship page to see if you may be eligible for a study abroad scholarship.