Checklist for Check-Out
Rather than being overwhelmed your final few days, we hope that this checklist will help keep you on track throughout the check-out process.
- Start packing and figuring out what you want to donate (clothing, toiletries, etc.)
- Sign up for a check-out appointment (on your SLA’s door).
- Make sure you have transportation to the airport via private car or the group bus.
- The porter will NOT call a taxi for you on the morning of departure
- Clean your room before your check-out time to ensure a smooth process.
- Be there for your check-out time!
- Your keys will be tested at this time.
- Donate as you can at the stations in the infirmary wing – prevent giant piles from forming on the last day!
- Sell back your books! Check outside of the bookstore for sell-back hours.
- Check your mailbox one last time!
- Take out your trash/recycling (remember to recycle properly!).
- Empty your refrigerator.
- Strip your beds, leave sheets and blankets folded on the beds.
- Look around for the last time and make sure you haven’t left anything and all objects are removed.
- You must be out of the residence hall by 10:00AM!