Exams and Finals
POLICIES FOR THE REGULAR ACADEMIC YEAR
- Students will submit test requests via Accommodate at least 7 days in advance*.
- SAC will provide faculty with instructions on providing the exam.
- Faculty submit the exam at least 24 hours in advance for SAC to proctor.
*School of Law students should continue to coordinate directly with Dean Faught and Dean Santibanez Bania
- Students will submit test requests via Accommodate at least 14 days in advance*.
- SAC expects that students schedule exams according to the University Finals Schedule with exams at 9:00am, 1:00pm, 4:15pm.
Please see the instructions below on how to complete a Final Exam booking:
- Log in to Accommodate: https://luc-accommodate.symplicity.com/
- Click "Test Scheduling" (left-hand side of screen)
- Click “New Booking Request”
- Instructions will be at the top of the screen
- Select your course from the drop down menu
- Select the date range you are looking to schedule for 12/12-12/17. (Exams should be scheduled the same date and time as the class, unless we have received written (email) approval from the professor. Requests at alternate times without approval will be denied)
- Do not adjust hours
- Select “Yes” for Final Exam
- Select which campus you will be using from the drop down menu (Private testing rooms are for students with a private testing accommodation only)
- Select the room you will be using. The rooms are arranged by extended accommodation. Please select the room that corresponds with your extended time (if you do not have extended time, choose the Distraction Reduced Only room)
- Finally, click “Check Availability”
- Evening exams should be scheduled accordingly: 1.5x extended should be scheduled at 6pm, 2.0x extended should be scheduled at 5pm, no extended time should be scheduled at 7pm.
- If you have exams that will conflict, please reach out to your professors to choose an alternate date and time, and email firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation.
On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see all of the available times and you can choose when to book your exam
- The Common Exams for MATH and CHEM will start earlier. 5:00 pm for 2.0x (double time), 6:00 pm for 1.5x (time and a half), and 7pm for Distraction Reduced with no extended time.
- If students have three exams in one day, they should contact email@example.com for assistance with scheduling.
- *School of Law and ABSN students do not schedule with SAC.
- Final Exams are held on Lake Shore Campus and Water Tower Campus; Arrupe exams are at WTC.
- SAC is open on Saturday on finals week.
- SAC follows the University Finals Schedule.
Information for Faculty
- Exams should be uploaded to Accommodate by Wednesday, December 7th at 4:30 pm; you can also dropoff exams at the SAC Office in Suite 117. Dropped off exams must have the proctor form attached. The deadline for dropped off exams is also Wednesday, December 7th at 4:30 pm.
- Please do not use inter-campus mail to submit exams.
- If you require students to use a blue book or scantron, you MUST submit those materials with the exam and proctor form. SAC cannot guarantee that extra scantrons or blue books will be available.
Returning Exams to Professors & Instructors:
- Final exams can be picked up at the SAC Office in Suite 117 Monday-Friday during these preferred times:
- Please note that exams may not be readily available for pick up immediately after regular exam completion due to the extended time accommodations. Your patience is much appreciated.
- Saturday exams can be picked up after at the end of the day
- Exams will NOT be scanned and emailed back to professors during finals
- If you have a TA or another person that can pick up your exams, please indicate that in Accommodate or the proctor form with the first and last name.