Fall 2021 Important Updates
Welcome to the 2021-2022 academic year! This page contains important information to ensure that the start of the school year goes as smoothly as possible. Please read the entire page as it contains information to help you transition to the new school year. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
As a reminder, SAC uses a web-based management system to manage your accommodations. Please use your LUC username (not email) and password to login. Click this link to access Accommodate.
You can use Accommodate to view your accommodations, request accommodation letters, schedule appointments with SAC staff, and schedule your exams. There is also a resource library where you can find helpful information and step-by-step guides!
All students are required to submit a “Semester Request” in Accommodate for each semester in order for their accommodations to be in effect.
The Fall 2021 semester requests will be open starting Monday, August 16 2021.
Once a semester request is approved by SAC, your official letter will be sent directly to your faculty via Accommodate. Students will also receive a copy of their letter in Accommodate. Students and faculty will be prompted to review and electronically sign their letters in Accommodate. Please allow up to 3 days to process your request as we are inundated with requests at the beginning of the school year.
You do not have to send a copy of the letter to your faculty, but you do need to discuss your specific accommodations with faculty. Some accommodations will require additional action on your part!
- Accommodations are not retroactive, so it is in your best interest to submit your request at the start of the semester (even if you aren’t sure you will use them!).
- If you change your course scheduling after submitting a semester request, you will need to submit a new request.
- Law School Students:
- Students in the School of Law must submit a semester request and your letters will be sent to Dean Faught and Assistant Dean Santibanez-Bania.
Submit a Semester Request:
- Log into Accommodate
- Select Accommodations
- Select Semester Request
- Select Add New
- Select Fall 2021
- Select Submit for All OR Review the Renewal
- Submit for all - applies all approved accommodations to all enrolled classes
- Review the renewal - allows you to select specific courses for each accommodation
UPDATE EFFECTIVE FALL 2021:
Due to the health and safety of our students, all meetings will be conducted remotely.
Our hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. Appointments can be scheduled via Accommodate. Walk-ins are acceptable [if you'd like to make an appointment] provided that you are fully vaccinated and masked upon arrival with respect to social distancing.
Fall 2021 SAC Testing Center Update
The SAC testing center is open during our business hours: 8:30am-5:00pm M-F. Our goal is to be fully operational for testing once we move into the semester. Additionally, for those students who may be taking an online course, they must take their exams online with approved accommodations in place.
- Please be aware that our private testing rooms may no longer be available due to an increase in SAC staff and COVID-19 protocols
- Please contact SAC@luc.edu with any questions or concerns
- Please schedule your exams via Accommodate. Instructions are in the Accommodate portal when you log in.
Tutoring Center Resources
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Sessions
- Regularly scheduled, out-of-class group study sessions
- Facilitated by a trained peer leader who uses collaborative activities for peer-to-peer interaction in small groups
- No appointment required—attend what sessions work for your schedule
- SI session schedule can be found on our Tutoring Center home page starting the first week of classes.
- Personalized, 1:1 meeting with a Success Coach to focus on supporting your academic success
- Explore improving study skills, time management, notetaking, stress management, exam/finals preparation, or other learning strategies
- Work with a highly trained graduate student to talk about your experiences inside and out of the classroom, identify areas for growth, and create a customized, realistic plan for success
- Appointments start the second week of classes
- Questions? Contact Mary Kate Moskal, Assistant Director of Learning and Student Success at email@example.com.
- Sign up starting August 30th and find out more information on our Success Coaching webpage!