Testing Policy Spring 2023
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION AS POLICIES FOR TESTING HAVE CHANGED AS OF 2/23/2023:
- Students must submit all test requests via Accommodate at least seven (7) days in advance. Any student who attempts to schedule an exam less than seven (7) days in advance will need to reach out to their professor to take the exam in the classroom.
- All quizzes/exams must be scheduled using Accommodate; requests will not be accepted via walk-in, phone call, or email.
- Students with extenuating circumstances (recently approved for accommodations, injury, family emergency, etc.) can email our office at SACTesting@luc.edu for assistance. Forgetting to schedule is not an extenuating circumstance.
- Test Room Booking Instructions (please click the link for detailed instructions on how to book exams in Accommodate.)
- Regular Semester Exams should be scheduled the same day/time as the class
- Students are strongly encouraged to consider their extended time testing accommodations when creating their class schedules.
- with your extended time, if the exam falls outside of the Testing Center hours (8:30am-5:00pm), please schedule the exam earlier to be taken in entirety during our office hours.
- with your extended time, if there is a conflict with another course, discuss with your faculty if an alternate time is possible. SAC will follow student/faculty decision on exam time.
- Students should discuss any extended time course conflicts with their faculty. SAC will approve exam time as requested.
- Final Exams: The deadline for scheduling Final Exams is Friday April 14 at 5pm. This is so we have ample time to prepare the hundreds of exams we proctor during Finals Week, and to make sure we have adequate staffing and testing space. Students are strongly encouraged to schedule their Final Exams early in the semester, following the University Final Exams Schedule.
- Final Exam Student Test Room Booking (please click the link for detailed instructions on how to book finals in Accommodate.)
- Common Final Exams (MATH 117, 118, 131, 161 & CHEM 101, 102, 223, 224) must be scheduled at the Lake Shore Campus location.
- SAC Offices will be open with extended hours during Finals Week to accommodate evening exams, M-F 8am-9pm, and LSC Sat 8am-7pm.
- Final Exam retakes that are scheduled outside of Finals Week will need to be scheduled during our regular office hours M-F 8:30am-5pm.
- Please make sure to let us know if the exam is a) paper exam in-person, b) online exam-in person or c) online exam-remote (does not require a proctor)
Testing Center Policies:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- Sick/Illness Policy: Students that are currently dealing with illness (i.e. COVID-19, Flu, Norovirus, etc.) will not be able to test in the SAC office, as it places the SAC staff and other students at risk. Please reach out to your faculty regarding rescheduling the exam, and email us the new date/time at SACTesting@luc.edu.
- No personal belongings or technology (cell phones, smart watches, headphones etc.) are allowed in the testing room. If you are caught with unapproved devices, it will be considered a violation of the University’s Academic Integrity policy.
- Late Policy: Exam times will not be adjusted for students who arrive late. Students will be able to take their exam with the remainder of their time, or they can reach out to their faculty with plans to take the exam in class.
Lakeshore Campus Testing Center Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5pm Location: Sullivan Center 239 Water Tower Testing Center Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8:30 am-5 pm (closed Fridays) Location: Lewis Towers 414C
Health Sciences Campus Testing Center (Maywood) Hours: Tuesdays & Thurdsays, 8:30am-5pm Location