Loyola University Chicago

Student Accessibility Center

Student Academic Services

Math Placement

Students taking the Math Placement Assessment may request accommodations due to their documented disability. Typical accommodations include but are not limited to: extended time, private room, accessible desk, etc. Students may be asked to transfer the MPA to an alternate testing date if the request for accommodations requires additional/extensive coordination.

In order to be considered for accommodations for the MPA, students must submit a MPA Request for Accommodations form at least one week in advance of their scheduled MPA date. Documentation of the student’s disability must be included with the request form. Individualized Education Plans, 504 Plans, documentation from a high school regarding accommodations, and documentation from a qualified health professional are examples of appropriate documentation. Students who have already registered with SAC need to complete the MPA Request for Accommodations form but do not need to provide additional documentation. 

Please note: accommodations for the MPA are temporary accommodations; approved accommodations are only applicable for the MPA. In order to receive accommodations for the regular academic year, students must register with SAC. The formal registration process with SAC may require additional documentation of your disability. Information about how to register with SAC can be found here.