November 16, 2011
Crime Alert: On-Campus Thefts
The Department of Campus Safety is writing to inform you of two recent thefts that have occurred on the Lake Shore Campus.
On Monday, November 14, an unattended laptop was removed from the lower level of CFSU. Then, on Tuesday, November 15, an unattended book bag containing textbooks, electronic devices, and a wallet with money and credit cards, was removed from a lower level hallway of CFSU.
In both cases, the items were left in locations that are not routinely accessed by unauthorized persons. Please take a second to review the safety tips below, which, if followed, can minimize the chances of you becoming a victim of theft. We’ve also included tips that can help you track down your electronic devices should they ever go missing.
- Never leave your property unattended in unsecured areas
- Make sure any rooms or suites are locked prior to leaving your property unattended
- Always keep a record of the make, model, and serial number for each of your electronic devices
- Consider purchasing electronic tracking software for laptops and tablets
- If you see someone who appears suspicious or does not appear to belong in a particular area, please contact Campus Safety immediately at 773.508.SAFE
Director, Department of Campus Safety