Weekend of Excellence Programming Guidelines
Weekend of Excellence (April 16-19, 2015) is an annual Loyola tradition that seeks to recognize and celebrate groups and individuals within our community that have achieved academic and co-curricular excellence throughout the school year. This Weekend is a unifying time across campus to recognize the achievements of those around us! It is also a very busy weekend on campus; reservation of space becomes extremely sparse, and programming efforts that are not aligned with Weekend of Excellence are discouraged.
If your student organization wants to host an event during Weekend of Excellence, please review the following guidelines. Opportunities for student organization events on this particular weekend are few and, as such, must be proposed to Student Activities & Greek Affairs early in the planning stages.
• Planning for events associated with Weekend of Excellence must be finalized and approved by SAGA no later than March 13, 2015.
• The overall schedule already includes a number of events focused on recognition and celebration of achievement. If your group is interested in holding a separate event for this purpose, contact SAGA to determine whether the schedule will allow for such an event.
• The event's theme must align with the mission of the organization and Weekend of Excellence.
• Fundraisers may not take place during Weekend of Excellence
• Registered Social engagement activities are acceptable after 9pm upon approval from SAGA