Emerging Greek Leaders Program
What is the Emerging Greek Leaders Program (EGLP)?
Emerging Greek Leaders Program is a leadership development program that provides a space for students who have recently joined their sorority or fraternity and are looking to have in depth conversations about the foundations of leadership, justice, and chapter involvement. EGLP uses a cohort-based model to develop community among participants who meet eight times throughout the fall semester. By participating in the program, students will have the opportunity to engage in the leadership process through experiential learning activities and group discussions.
Who is an Emerging Greek Leader?
- Any member of the Sorority & Fraternity Life community who wishes to explore their personal philosophy of leadership
- Sorority & Fraternity Life members wanting to develop skills to more effectively work in teams and/or organizations
- Sorority & Fraternity Life members wanting to gain knowledge and tools to aid their ability to create positive social change on campus and in the global community.
As a result of participating in the Emerging Greek Leaders Program, students will be able to:
- Describe the knowledge and skills they have gained from the Social Change Model of Leadership and the Student Leadership Practices Inventory
- Develop and articulate a higher level of self-efficacy in their ability to engage in opportunities for leadership development
- Articulate what they have learned about themselves, others, and systems that contribute to the understanding of self and others identities
How do you register for the program?
EGLP is currently a one semester (Fall 2019) program that begins Thursday, September 19th, 2019. EGLP will have 6 weekly sessions every Thursday from 5:00 PM - 6:30PM (September 19th, September 26th, October 3rd, October 10th, October 17th, and October 24th) as well as 2 bi-weekly sessions for hands-on leadership program development (November 7th and November 21st).