Registered student organizations must submit an Activity Request for all activities/events requiring transportation.
Private and Rented Vehicles
- Participants that are driving in private or rented vehicles must complete a Driver Agreement Form at least one week prior to their departure. This agreement will state that the participant understands that their personal insurance will be used to cover any claims made. Drivers must obtain a copy of the Glove Box Accident Form. In the case of an accident follow the instructions on the form. You must also submit a copy of the Glove Box Accident Form to SAGA within 24 hours of the accident.
- RSOs needing to rent a vehicle for transportation must work with Loyola’s Campus Transportation Department (website here). When renting vehicles through Campus Transportation, drivers are expected to go through driver training and will also be provided with a copy of the Glove Box Accident Form. In the case of an accident, follow the instructions on the form. You must also submit a copy of the Glove Box Accident Form to SAGA within 24 hours of the accident.
Domestic Travel over 100 miles
- RSOs traveling over 100 miles from the University’s Lakeshore Campus must submit a Travel Information Form through OrgSync at least 10 business days in advance of travel date.
- Each RSO participant traveling must sign a Liability Waiver Form. A Liability Waiver Form must be submitted to Student Activities & Greek Affairs, DSC 127 no later than 48 hours prior to travel date.
Any RSO with the intent to travel outside of the United States under the Loyola University and/or RSO name must adhere to the University’s International Travel Policy (www.LUC.edu/oip/pdfs/luctravelpolicyfinal.pdf) in addition to following the steps listed below:
- RSOs traveling internationally must submit a Travel Information Form through OrgSync at least 8 weeks in advance of travel date.
- Once Travel Information Form is on file, SAGA will assist the RSO in coordinating a Health & Safety Orientation through the Office of International Programs. This orientation must occur at least 6 weeks prior to the travel date.
- Each RSO participant traveling must sign a Liability Waiver Form available for download through OrgSync. A Waiver Form must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities & Greek Affairs, DSC 127 no later than 1 week prior to travel date.
- Each participant must purchase CISI Health Insurance, visit www.LUC.edu/oip/travelcenter to enroll. Proof of enrollment will be collected at the Health & Safety Orientation.
- If a trip includes non-Loyola participants (recent graduates, alumni, friends or family of Loyola or visiting students), they will be required to participate in the Health & Safety Orientation and purchase Loyola CISI insurance in addition to any existing personal health and travel insurance.