New Org Application Process
Recognition Process for Registered and Sponsored Student Organizations
Student Activities & Greek Affairs is responsible for the recognition of undergraduate student organizations. There are two types of Recognized Student Organizations at Loyola University Chicago: Registered or Sponsored.
Applications for both types of organizations are processed through Student Activities & Greek Affairs.
Registered Student Organizations
A Registered Student Organizations, or RSO, are formally recognized by the University and are originated out of student interest – they are not directly connected or supported by a University department. RSOs are formed by currently enrolled students sharing a common goal or interest and have properly completed the necessary forms on time and agree to adhere to guidelines established by the University.
Please refer the Student Handbook for the privileges, expectations and requirements of an RSO.
Applications for RSOs are accepted at the beginning of each long academic semester. See below for more information on the upcoming deadlines.
Elements for an application include but not limited to:
- Name and email addresses of 5 LUC undergraduate students
- All officers must be in good standing with the University to serve in position. Conduct checks will be conducted for organizations who are approved.
- Name and email address of LUC faculty/staff advisor
- Organization email address
- Organizations will NOT be given a LUC.edu email address
- RSO Constitution
- Proposed summary of events
- Organization Logo
Sponsored Student Organizations
A Sponsored Student Organization, or SSO, are student organizations formally recognized by the University and are inherently linked to a University department. They are classified as sponsored as they are groups that are departmental supported. The mission and operations of an SSO are considered critical to a specific department and/or the University. The financial resources used to support an SSO come directly from a University department and therefore, SSOs are not eligible to receive funding through the Student Activity Fund, which includes Start-Up Funding.
Applications for SSOs are accepted on a rolling basis. See below for more information.
Sponsored Student Organization Application Information
- Preliminary meeting with RSO Coordinator
- Full-time LUC faculty/staff advisor
- Sponsoring University Department
- Signed SSO Agreement Form
For questions, please email: Chelsea Pratts at email@example.com