Beta Theta Pi
Beta Theta Pi is a social fraternity joining Loyola University Chicago's campus in Fall 2016. Jack Jajewski, Colony Development Coordinator for Beta Theta Pi, will be on campus to share information about the organization and discuss the possibilities of membership!
Our Mission - To develop men of principle for a principled life
Our Vision - Every member will live Beta Theta Pi’s values
Core Values - To build lasting bonds of friendship and brotherhood, Beta calls for:
- Mutual Assistance - Betas believe that men are mutually obligated to help others in the honorable labors and aspirations of life.
- Intellectual Growth - Betas are devoted to continually cultivating their minds, including high standards of academic achievement.
- Trust - Betas develop absolute faith and confidence in one another by being true to themselves and others.
- Responsible Conduct - Betas choose to act responsibly, weighing the consequences of their actions on themselves and those around them.
- Integrity - Betas preserve their character by doing what is morally right and demanding the same from their brothers.
Coming by our table in the first couple weeks of fall or the first few weeks of the spring semester! As we are brand new, we won’t have any public events for the first couple months, but we’d love your support and interest by coming by to learn more about Beta and what we are looking for in our Founding Fathers.
Though Beta is a social fraternity, we by no means are a stereotypical “frat”, the type of organized drinking club you might see glorified in popular movies and TV shows. In the late 1990’s, Beta went through a drastic organizational shift through our Men of Principle Initiative. You can read all about that here: http://beta.org/about/men-of-principle-initiative/
The following resonates with you: About 175 years ago, eight earnest young men came together to form Beta Theta Pi, and today we are still focused on promoting scholarship, leadership, and the utmost personal character. Through starting this chapter, it is our goal to set a precedent for all fraternities to follow. We have a unique opportunity to change the way fraternities are both looked at and the way they operate. To us, that means we are searching for gentlemen, scholars, and leaders who have what it takes to shatter the negative stereotype so often portrayed in movies and shows. We want to build a diverse group of men on this campus who will push each other to be better people throughout this experience. Our organization highly emphasizes leadership, commitment to academics, and commitment to service.
Contact Jack Jajewski, Colony Development Coordinator for Beta Theta Pi at firstname.lastname@example.org. We won’t be doing recruitment events in the fall, but if you are a sophomore through senior you are eligible for recruitment. First year students are welcome to get more information, but you cannot begin recruitment until Spring due to deferred recruitment policies at Loyola. Your first step to get involved is to sit down with Jack one on one and get more information!