LUCserve offers student-led service and justice programs for all Loyola students. Through a series of programs, students can explore the breadth and depth of service through workshops, conversations, and activities.
LUCserve programs are designed so that students will be:
- Immersed in the Loyola University culture of service
- Invited to explore social justice issues within Rogers Park and Edgewater
- Inspired to broaden their definition of service beyond direct service
- Ignited to sustain a habit of service
Central to those goals are:
- Community Building among all Loyola students
- Student-Led Initiatives where CSA leaders engage and support fellow Ramblers
- Ongoing Community Connections that respect our long-standing collaborations
More About LUCserve
LUCserve programs focus on various ways of serving (like advocacy and social justice dialogues) and on social justice issues (like just immigration policies and racial justice).
LUCserve is designed for you to join as you are able! Simply watch the schedule when school is in session and register for the events that interest you. Registration will remain open while events are underway so that you can join if you are coming from class or work, just learned of the event, or lost track of time!
Because community building is a key goal of the LUCserve program, we want to support student-to-student connections as much as possible! And because we believe that sustained engagement encourages deeper learning and opportunities for reflection, we want to support students making a commitment to LUCserve.
If you're looking for community and commitment, consider joining the LUCserve Mentor Program!
In the program, you'll be paired with a CSA student leader individually or in a small group to learn from and with them. You will then be asked to attend multiple LUCserve workshops over the semester.
Interested? We'll provide an interest form when fall classes begin!
LUCserve events have wrapped up for spring the year! Thank you for the conversations, reflections, advocacy, and community building! Take a look at the year's offerings below. And stay tuned for events next academic year!
Spring LUCserve Events
- How COVID-19 Has Disproportionately Affected Minority Communities
- All Things Insurance: How it Affects You and the Community
- Broadening Our Definition of Service
Hunger and Homelessness
- Who is an Immigrant?
- Dreamers, DACA, and Cultural Humility - A Social Justice Dialogue
- Service a Train Ride, or a Click, Away!
- Social Justice Dialogue
- Directing Your Service: Your Voice for Passion and Advocacy
- Anti-Racism Reflection
- LUCserve Information Session
- Know Your Rights
- Post-Graduate Service Information Session
- Civil Discourse - How Do We Achieve It?
- LUCserve Mentor Program Gathering
Meet Our Leaders
Fall 2020 LUCserve Events
- Voter Engagement Session
- Uyghur Muslim Modern Day Genocide in China
- Gentrification in Chicago
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health Effects
Community Partner Engagement
- Meet Our Community Partners in Uptown
- Virtual Community Tour
- Virtual Tour of Iconic Chicago
- Online Learning Panel
- Labre & LUCserve Service Reflection on "Why I Serve"
- Labre & LUCserve Service Reflection on Empathy
- Labre & LUCserve Service Reflection on Cura Personalis
Social Justice Dialogues