Master of Communication: Digital Media and Storytelling
DMST has many upcoming informational events:
Click here to find ways to connect
Joey Bina wins
Crystal Pillar award
Create a Personal
and Rewarding Experience
One of the greatest strengths of our program is that students can shape their own experience. Prospective candidates should demonstrate an interest in digital media and/or storytelling in relation to:
Loyola University’s Master of Communication: Digital Media and Storytelling program is for makers. Makers of all forms of digital content who desire the tools to turn their ideas into compelling, marketable stories they can share with the world. The two-year program prepares professionals for a career in digital media by teaching them the most important skills hiring managers need: How to write, shoot and edit powerful digital content.
Digital Media and Storytelling Program Highlights
- A total of 36 credit hours—18 each in Foundations and Applications, expanding your knowledge and technical skills in non-fictional narrative
- Learn using state-of-the-art equipment in our Convergence Studio and technology labs.
- Classes are held in the evening to accommodate working professionals
- Real-world curriculum equips students from diverse backgrounds with a broader, more in-depth skill set so that they can become productive members of communications teams in a variety of organizations
- A capstone course that integrates learning from all coursework and culminates in a professional project that is widely distributed to the public
- Students can work with faculty to help determine the right career for them or how to become more marketable in their current area of employment.
- Create a digital portfolio in the heart of Chicago–Courses take place at Loyola's Water Tower Campus in Chicago, a world-class city that is recognized as a leading communications and business district.
For all students, a concrete, successful outcome of the program is career advancement. Our alumni have secured the following positions in the U.S. and abroad:
Digital Content Producer
Documentary Production Specialist
Web content developer
Take the Next Step
Join us for one of our upcoming information sessions or meet with the program director. Meet the faculty, visit the School of Communication and get the answers you need.