Exhibit On Display
The School of Communication regularly hosts both student-produced and professional exhibits on a variety of issues related to communication.
The Fall 2019 Exhibit: The Political Cartoons of Scott Stantis
The humorous, often biting, and sometimes poignant cartoons of Scott Stantis have been gracing the editorial pages of the Chicago Tribune for more than a decade. And his work is syndicated to over 400 newspapers nationwide. Stantis has graciously offered some of his finest work to this exhibit in the School of Communication. Stantis joined the Tribune in 2009 following stints as an editorial cartoonist for the Birmingham News, the Orange County Register, the Commercial Appeal, the Arizona Republic and the Grand Rapids Press. He also is the creator of the comic strip Prickly City.
Past exhibits include:
- Visuals in the Urban Landscape: Outdoor Advertising Images Around the World by Prof. Pamela Morris
- Internet Memes::Internet Folk by Ryan Milner
- Appetite for Distraction by Josh Davis
- Good Hands. Great Advertising by Allstate Insurance and Leo Burnett Worldwide
- Exploring Virtual Worlds by Philip Mallory Jones, Sina Souza, and Shirley Hunt
- The Chicago Church Project by Loyola University Chicago students
- Working in Chicago by Loyola University Chicago students
- Rust Belt Cities by Jerome De Perlinghi
- Seen/Unseen by Sandro
- Photographs of China’s Underground Catholic Church by Lu Nan
- History of Graffiti by Jim Prigoff