Advertising and Public Relations Major
- Create and implement strategic communication campaigns that integrate advertising, public relations and integrated marketing communication, and are responsive to community needs and organizational goals in local and global contexts.
- Write copy and design messages to reach diverse publics and for distribution through multiple channels, including both traditional and digital media.
- Understand the implications and applications of integrated strategies for digital media in marketing, advertising and public relations practices.
- Apply appropriate research methods to plan, monitor and evaluate public relations, advertising and other communication campaigns and activities.
- Practice ethical communication in professional practices that are socially responsible and in the mutual interests of the organization and the community.
- Demonstrate the competencies to work as an entry-level professional in advertising or public relations.