MSW Advanced Standing Option
The MSW Advanced Standing option allows recent BSW graduates to complete an MSW in a shorter amount of time—10 months for full-time students and two years for part-time students.
To be considered for the Advanced Standing program, the following requirements must be met:
- Earned a BSW from an institution accredited by the CSWE within the last five years prior to the start of the term in which you are applying to
- If the BSW has been received from an institution accredited by the CSWE more than five years prior to applying to the advanced program, the applicant must prove an active involvement in practicing the social work profession during the time between graduation and application to the program. Examples of how to prove this active involvement are certifications of employment and/or volunteer work and some level of officially recognized licensure in social work.
- 3.0 or higher overall GPA
The accelerated MSW program begins in the Fall session in August. Students complete 23 total credit hours, including a 600-hour internship in their specialization area.
- Complete your MSW on an accelerated schedule: 10 months for full-time or two years for part-time students.
- Pursue your interests by choosing a specialization.
- Make professional connections and gain experience through fieldwork/internship at one of more than 300 partner agencies/nonprofits
- Graduate from Loyola's School of Social Work, rated by U.S. News & World Report as #33 in the country for graduate social work.