MSW Online Program
The Online MSW program curriculum requires 49 credit hours of coursework, equivalent to 8 consecutive semesters, including summer terms and follows a cohort model.
With over 100 years of experience in offering a campus-based, internationally recognized MSW program focused on Social Work Practice in Chicago, we are proud to announce the launch of the Online Program Option to ensure students have access to a rigorous and quality-enriched program to meet the needs of the workforce of tomorrow!
How are we different from the other Online MSW programs?
- A re-envisioned curriculum that took two years to develop by faculty & staff brings you to a rigorous MSW program that has the lowest credit hour (from 60 to 49) requirement in the country.
- We achieved this by carefully integrating competencies throughout various courses, using cutting-edge instructional innovations, and augmenting simulation practice in the classroom.
- We focus on the current & future workforce needs
- Across the nation
- Only in Illinois
- Online “Only” is not something everybody wants in Social Work Education
- Our courses are flexible enough that synchronous “face-to-face” discussions are incorporated into didactic content to give students opportunities to have professional mentorships, networks, and friendships built for a lifetime
- We use the latest in Engagement Platforms for Field Internship Placements & Alumni-Student Mentorships
- Field Internships will be close to your neighborhood to enable you to be a home-grown “Leader”!
- We offer all of our academic and administrative services in-house by exceptional faculty and staff
- Over 98% of faculty have a terminal degree in Social Work and more than 5 years of practice experience
- 51% of full-time faculty are underrepresented racial or ethnic minorities
- Social Work in Action – Take a glance!
- Earn your degree from an accredited, non-profit college rated #28 in the nation for graduate social work by U.S. News & World Report
- All courses are online and include synchronous (real-time) and asynchronous components. Synchronous sessions are held during the evenings.
- The program offers a cohort-based learning model. You will engage with your cohort members and will be exposed to students from diverse backgrounds.
- The entire program can be completed in 8 consecutive semesters (2 and a half years).
- Supervised field internship that can be completed in your own community.