Incoming students may declare social work as their major on their admission application. However, formal admittance to the BSW program is made by application after students have completed Introduction to Social Work (SOWK 200) and Social Policy I (SOWK 201) with an overall grade point average of 2.5 and at least a B in these courses.
To apply for admission and scholarship consideration, please visit the Office of Undergraduate Admission and indicate your interest in social work on your application. For more information, see the following resources:
- Academic Brochure (PDF)
- Apply Now (Online Application)
- Contact Undergrad Admission
- Freshmen Admissions
- Transfer Admissions
- Other Admission Information
- Request Information
- Schedule a Visit
All questions regarding freshman admission and admission criteria should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 312.915.6500
The new BSW and 1st year MSW curriculum include:
- Revised required courses that meet all CSWE accreditation standards and competencies,
- Development of a checklist to ensure all required infused content is present in all courses, and
- A reduction in credit hours for the required BSW major social work courses: the current 41 credit hours is revised to 32 credit hours
- The change in the BSW program does not change the required 15 credit hours of required social science courses or the overall requirement for 120 credit hours for a bachelor’s degree.