2016 Staff Recognition Awards
Winners of the 2016 Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards
The nominees and winners of the annual Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards were honored on Thursday, November 17, 2016, at a ceremony held in the Damen Student Center. University Staff Council received more than 50 unique nominations from faculty, staff, and students.
This year’s nominations pointed to countless acts of kindness, generosity of spirit, and stories of notable staff members consistently going above and beyond "the call of duty." University Staff Council recognized individuals with the following accolades: Staff Member of the Year, Student Service Award, Rising Star Award, the Megs Langdon Award, Kay Egan Award, and Team Spirit Award. The winners represent all three Chicagoland campuses.
The 2016 Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards winners are:
- Staff Member of the Year: Joseph Saucedo, Student Diversity & Multicultural Affairs
- Student Service (or Person for Students) Award: Marian Carlson, Office for International Programs
- Rising Star Award: Sandra Orozco, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Megs Langdon (or Person for Community) Award: Rosann Lorenz, Payroll Services
- Kay Egan (or Person for Others) Award: Brian Weatherholt, Division of Facilities Management
- Team Spirit Award: Jennifer Clemens and Maggie Aust, Campus Reservations
See photos from the ceremony here. Congratulations to the 2016 awardees!