2017 Staff Recognition Awards
Winners of the 2017 Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards
The nominees and winners of the annual Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards were honored on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, at a ceremony held in the Schreiber Center. University Staff Council received more than 50 unique nominations from faculty, staff, and students.
This year’s nominations pointed to countless acts of kindness, generosity of spirit, and stories of notable staff members consistently going above and beyond "the call of duty." University Staff Council recognized individuals with the following accolades: Staff Member of the Year, Person for Others (Kay Egan Award), Person for Community (Megs Langdon Award), Person for Students (Student Service Award), Rising Star Award, and the Team Spirit Award. The Winners represent all three Chicagoland campuses
The 2017 Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards winners are:
- Staff Member of the Year: Karen Bertucci, Continuing Medical Education
- Person for Others (or Kay Egan) Award: David Kessler, Information Technology Services
- Person for Community (or Megs Langdon) Award: Paige Gardner, Student Diversity & MultiCultural Affairs
- Person for Students (or Student Service) Award: Mark Law, Quinlan School of Business
- Rising Star Award: Mayra Iniguez, Center for the Human Rights of Children and Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy
- Team Spirit Award: Information Technology Services Green Team: Mary Bunker, Mary Jo Banks, Kathy Chavez Dominik, Kristlyn Dalton, Corey James, Bob Kraft, Will Schultze, Heather Chester and Dan Vander Meulen.
See photos from the ceremony here. Congratulations to the 2017 awardees!