2018 Staff Recognition Awards
The 2018 Staff Recognition and Excellence Award Winners
- Staff Member of the Year: Sarah Pierce, Center for Science & Math Education
- Person for Others (or Kay Egan) Award: Rosemary Calcagno, Student Affairs- Registration & Records
- Person for Community (or Megs Langdon) Award: April Browning, Fine & Performing Arts
- Person for Students (or Student Service) Award: Isabel Reyes, Arrupe College Admissions
- Rising Star Award: Alex Horn, Campus Recreation
- Team Spirit Award: First and Second Year Advising
- Outstanding Achievement: Porter Moser, Athletics
Congratulations to these outstanding staff members!
Presentation and Award Ceremony
The nominees and winners of the annual Staff Recognition and Excellence Awards were honored on Wednesday, November 28, 2018, at a ceremony held at Wintrust Halll in the Schrieber Center. University Staff Council received more than 60 unique nominations from faculty, staff, and students, in addition to the monthly Commitment to Excellence Award winners who were considered for the Staff Member of the Year honor.
This year’s nominations pointed to countless acts of kindness, generosity of spirit, and stories of notable staff members consistently going above and beyond "the call of duty." University Staff Council recognized individuals with the following accolades: Staff Member of the Year, Student Service Award, Rising Star Award, the Megs Langdon Award, Kay Egan Award, and Team Spirit Award. Winners represent multiple campuses and an incredible range of departments and schools.