Loyola University Chicago

Study Abroad

Approved Students


This content has moved to our new website.  The legacy content below also will be moved to our new website very soon. 


Course Approvals (if applicable)

Students going on partner and exchange programs are required to obtain course approvals prior to studying abroad using the online course approval form.  All approvals must be submitted before the end of the semester prior to studying abroad. Students should meet with their dean/academic advisor to talk about their program of interest and how courses abroad fit into major, minor, core, Engaged Learning or other requirements at Loyola. For example, you may want to discuss how many credit hours you need to graduate, which core courses you still need to fulfill, and whether you need to take any upper-level courses.


Financial Aid and Grants

If you have questions about what type of financial aid will transfer to your study abroad program, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at abroadfinaid@luc.edu or check the study abroad Costs and Financial Aid Chart.

MAP Grant Recipients: Any student who currently receives a MAP grant from the state of Illinois should email studyabroad@luc.edu with the exact number of credits they are planning to take while abroad. This is to make sure that the grant funds are set up properly.