With programs in over 70 countries, Loyola offers our students study abroad programs across the globe. Our program list is organized below by program type.
To find out more about each program type and to get an idea of the locations offered, please see below.
Loyola University Chicago has two global centers: one in Rome, Italy and one in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. These are international campuses of Loyola that offer courses in multiple disciplines taught by Loyola faculty.
When can I go?
For these programs, you may study abroad for a full year, fall semester, or spring semester. The Rome center also offers a program in the summer.
Can I use my financial aid?
You may use your Loyola institutional scholarships as well as federal and state financial aid for these programs.
Where can I find more info?
In collaboration with ten partner institutions around the world, Loyola University Chicago students have the opportunity to fully immerse themselves and study alongside local and other international students. Students study in English, the local language, or both and have access to the local university’s amenities.
Term Options: Full year, Semester, Summer
Financial Aid: Loyola, Federal, State
- Brisbane/Sydney, Australia (Australian Catholic University) - Forthcoming
- Melbourne, Australia (Deakin University)
- Seoul, Korea (Sogang University)
- Tokyo, Japan (Sophia University)
- Aix-en-Provence, France (L' Institut d'Etudes Politiques)
- Bilbao, Spain (Universidad de Deusto)
- Canterbury, England (University of Kent)
- Córdoba/Seville, Spain (Universidad Loyola Andalucía)
- Jönköping, Sweden (Jönköping University)
- Limerick, Ireland (Mary Immaculate College)
- Maynooth, Ireland (Maynooth University)
- Paris, France (Paris School of Business)
- Zurich, Switzerland (Zurich University of Applied Sciences)
The Office for International Programs works with carefully-screened study abroad providers to allow Loyola University Chicago students to choose from a variety locations around the globe. Providers are non-profit study abroad organizations, study abroad consortia made up of U.S. universities, or a Jesuit university with operations abroad. Students can apply to the program that best matches their academic and geographic preferences, studying alongside U.S., local, or international students. Academic environments can range from providers’ centers, to direct enrollment in local universities, or both.
- API Abroad
- Fordham University London Dramatic Academy
- Fordham University London School of Business
- IES Abroad
- Marquette University in South Africa
- Loyola University Maryland Center Newcastle
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado
- Saint Louis University Madrid
- Newman Institute
Glboal Faculty-Led Programs are Loyola University Chicago courses that have a component that take place abroad, during which the entire class travels overseas. The Office for International Programs works with Loyola faculty across the university to co-administer faculty-led programs. These programs are associated with a specific class and vary in length from 2–4 weeks. 3–6 credits are typically awarded for these programs. Students study in English or the local language with other Loyola students.
Term Options: J-Term, Spring Break, Summer
Financial Aid: varies