With over 150 programs in 70+ countries, Loyola offers our students a wide range of program offerings across the globe. Our program list has been broken down into 4 unique program types.
To find out more about each program type and to get an idea of the locations offered, please see below.
Loyola University Chicago invites you to study abroad at one of our Global Centers in Rome and Vietnam. These international campuses offer courses in multiple disciplines taught by Loyola faculty.
Term Options: Full year, Semester (fall/spring), Summer (JFRC only)
Financial Aid: Loyola, Federal, State
In collaboration with ten partner institutions around the world, Loyola University Chicago students have the opportunity to fully immerse themselves and study alongside local and other international students. Students study in English, the local language, or both and have access to the local university’s amenities.
Term Options: Full year, Semester, Summer
Financial Aid: Loyola, Federal, State
- Brisbane/Sydney, Australia (Australian Catholic University) - Fall 2019
- Melbourne, Australia (Deakin University)
- Seoul, Korea (Sogang University)
- Tokyo, Japan (Sophia University)
- Aix-en-Provence, France (L' Institut d'Etudes Politiques)
- Bilbao, Spain (Universidad de Deusto)
- Canterbury, England (University of Kent)
- Córdoba/Seville, Spain (Universidad Loyola Andalucía)
- Jönköping, Sweden (Jönköping University)
- Limerick, Ireland (Mary Immaculate College)
- Maynooth, Ireland (Maynooth University)
- Paris, France (Paris School of Business)
- Zurich, Switzerland (Zurich University of Applied Sciences)
The Office for International Programs works with carefully-screened study abroad providers to allow Loyola University Chicago students to choose from a variety locations around the globe. Global Partners are either another Jesuit University in the U.S. who has a campus abroad, similar to our Rome Center or an approved third party provider. Providers are non-profit organizations who work with universities across the U.S. to co-sponsor quality study abroad programs for students. Students can apply to the program that best matches their academic and geographic preferences, studying alongside U.S., local, or international students. Academic environments can range from providers’ centers, to direct enrollment in local universities, or both.
Please refer to the Semester/Full Year and Summer locations pages for the most up-to-date of program offerings for all providers.
Terms: Full year, Semester (fall/spring), Summer, J-Term
Financial Aid: Loyola (select Jesuit University programs only), Federal, State
- API Abroad offers direct enroll and specialized programs in a wide range of program locations across the world. Affordable program prices which include housing, amenities and excursions.
- Cape Town, South Africa (Marquette University Service Learning)**
- CIS Abroad offers academic internships over the summer term only where you can gain experience in the field and possibly earn academic credit toward your degree
- Critical Language Scholarship is a fully funded summer lanugage study program (arabic, chinese, hindi, russian and more...)
- IES Abroad is one of the nation's leading study abroad programs offering programs in all shapes and sizes, from centers to direct enroll.
- London, England (London Dramatic Academy, Fordham University)** - limited spots available
- London, England (Gabelli School of Business, Fordham University)** - limited spots available
- Saint Louis University Madrid** - limited spots available
- Newcastle, England (Loyola University Maryland Center at Newcastle University)*
- Santiago, Chile (La Universidad Alberto Hurtado)*
- SIT offers research and topic-based programs where you can spend a semester diving into the local culture while focusing on an area your interest - great for students interest in hands-on research.
- SRAS specializes in education and educational opportunities offered by Russia and Eurasia.
- Uppsala, Sweden (Newman Institute)*
- USAC offers very affordable programs in more non-tradtional locations where you can experience the culture at either a USAC center or by directly enrolling in a local university
* Jesuit partner program
Glboal Faculty-Led Programs are Loyola University Chicago courses that have a component that take place abroad, during which the entire class travels overseas. The Office for International Programs works with Loyola faculty across the university to co-administer faculty-led programs. These programs are associated with a specific class and vary in length from 2–4 weeks. 3–6 credits are typically awarded for these programs. Students study in English or the local language with other Loyola students.
Term Options: J-Term, Spring Break, Summer
Financial Aid: varies