Registering for Classes
- This information is geared towards students on semester and year-long programs.
- You should check your LUC e-mail account regularly while abroad to make sure you get important university updates, such as ones regarding registration.
- The Office for International Programs will also send you a registration reminder prior to the start of semester registration.
How to Register
- You will register through LOCUS as you normally do.
- Make sure that your LOCUS password is current prior to registering. If you are having any issues with this you can contact the Loyola Computer Help Desk at HelpDesk@luc.edu or 773.508.4487.
When to Register
- You will register according to the Loyola Access Calendar (scroll down to the Registration Access Schedule section), which is based on how many credits you have completed and whether or not you are an Honors student.
- You will register according to Chicago (Central Standard) time. Please take into consideration time difference based on your location abroad and plan accordingly.
- If for some reason you are not going to be by a computer during your access time, please contact your study abroad advisor in the Office for International Programs as well as your academic advisor to notify them and work out a solution.
- If you have a block on your account in LOCUS, you will most likely be unable to register. Most blocks are caused by outstanding account balances. In most cases, the blocks can be resolved by communicating with the Office of the Bursar. If you have a block and are not sure what it is for, please contact your study abroad advisor in the Office for International Programs.