Universidad Loyola Andalucia
Summer Program in Sevilla & Cordoba, Spain
Sustainability and Alternative Energy Program
Academic Calendar Dates
June 8–19, 2015
Application Deadline: March 23
Submit an application before the Application Deadline.
Universidad Loyola Andalucía has designed a study abroad program for students who are interested in the field of sustainability and environment. The program is 2 weeks long, and will travel to different cities to make the program as fruitful and advantageous as possible.
Students will have lectures on campus by professionals and lecturers who are experts on the field of sustainability and alternative energy to deepen the different academic objectives. In addition, Academic Director, Alejandro Cardenete Flores, PhD and Executive Director Borja Martín Garrido, will be guiding the program. These lectures will be complemented with company visits that are listed in the flyer below.
Students are expected to arrive in Seville. The first gathering will take place at the appointed Hotel, for a welcoming and opening meeting. Lectures will start on Day 2 at Loyola Andalucía Palmas Altas Campus, in Seville.
The itinerary initially proposed is subject to changes. Students will stay in hotels during their stay in Spain. Cities that the program has planned to visit are Seville, Cordoba and Malaga. Breakfast and lunch will be included on course days. Transport will be provided by the program to the Campus and visits.
To view the program flyer, click Cordoba Flyer 2016.
Students on the program take a course entitled Sustainability and Alternative Energy for 3 credits. The course counts as an elective for all majors and minors in the Loyola Institute of Environmental Sustainability.
Students stay in 4-star hotels throughout the program.
Tuition: 1,500 € per person. 10% discount—1,300 € per person
This fee covers:
- Course registration in Business Sustainability and Alternative Energy Program
- All related course materials
- Course certificates (upon successful completion of course minimum assistance requirement)
- Free access to computer laboratory, wifi access, library, sports and all campus facilities.
- 10 academic & company visits.
- Some touristic and cultural activities will be included, such as a visit to the Mosque in Córdoba or the Alcazar Castle in Seville, evening outgoings, etc…
Accommodation—Meals/Transport Fee: 950 €
This fee includes:
- Accommodation in 4-star hotels
- Meals included: Breakfast every day; Lunch on Course days
- Transport by train between the different cities of the Program
Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal PLUS Loans, IL Monetary Award Program Grant (MAP)