Zhenwei Zhu, PhD
Title/s: Lab Manager - Loyola Environmental Testing Laboratory (LETL), Analytical Chemist
Specialty Area: Soil and water testing, analytical chemistry, environmental chemistry
Office #: BVM 317
CV Link: ZhuResume
Zhu graduated from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 2011 with a PhD in Environmental Engineering. His previous research experience and technical training prepared him with broad analytical testing skills. Zhu's main role is to use state of the art analytical instruments to measure inorganic compounds in different environmental samples, such as water, soil and plant material, etc. Currently, he manages the Loyola Environmental Testing Laboratory (LETL), which is an accredited testing lab for soil fertility and contaminants analysis. LETL provides analytical testing services to all sorts of customers, university faculty, local businesses, nonprofit organizations and more.
- PhD in Environmental Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
- MS in Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby Denmark
- BS in Analytical Chemistry, Liaoning University, Shenyang Liaoning, China
Zhu's research interests include applying anaerobic digestion for green energy production and organic waste management, studying soil fertility and nutrient management in an urban environment and removing environmental contaminants through phytoremediation.
- Zhu, Z., M. K. Hsueh,Q. He. (2011). "Enhancing biomethanation of municipal waste sludge with grease trap waste as a co-substrate." Renewable Energy 36(6): 1802-1807.
- Zhenwei Zhu, Xiqing Wang, Sheng Dai, Baoshan Huang and Qiang He. (2013) “Fractional Characteristics of Coal Fly Ash for Beneficial Use.” Journal of Materials In Civil Engineering/Journal: 63-69.
- Chen, S., Z. Zhu, J. Park, Z. Zhang, Q. He. (2014) “Development of Methanoculleus – Specific Real-Time Quantitative PCR Assay for Assessing Methanogen Communities in Anaerobic Digestion”. Journal of Applied Microbiology Jun;116(6):1474-81
For a complete list of awards, publications, and affiliations, please see his CV.