Admission requirements for the BA/MPP and BS/MPP Dual Degree Programs
These admissions standards for the BA/MPP and BS/MPP program are consistent with those put forth by the LUC Graduate School. A student will apply for admission to the program between January 15 and March 15 of his/her junior year by submitting an application through the on-line application system. If an undergraduate has enough credits to graduate in three years, the student must apply between January 15 and March 15 of the second undergraduate year. The program will work closely with the Graduate School on issues of timing and structure in these specific cases.
The specific application and admission requirements are as follows:
- Declared undergraduate major in Environmental Policy, Environmental Studies, or Environmental Science
- Junior based on credit hours earned
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 for all course work at Loyola
- A minimum 3.5 GPA in at least 5 completed courses in the major, three of which must be at the 300 level
- Three letters of recommendation, at least 2 of which are from Loyola faculty within the student's major
- Personal Statement of Purpose (one-page)
- The GRE requirement is waived
Students will receive conditional admission, pending the review of their grades at the conclusion of the semester of application. Once admitted to the 5-year BA/MPP or BS/MPP program, students will be required to meet the academic standing requirements of the LUC Graduate School.
For more information about the MPP program contact:
Tania Schusler, PhD
School of Environmental Sustainability
Annette Steinacker, PhD
Director, Masters of Urban Affairs and Public Policy Program
For more information about admission to the BA or BS programs, see the Undergraduate Admission site.