Loyola has more green roofs than any other college in the midwest. They can be found on all three campuses:
Water Tower Campus
- Phillip H. Corboy Annex at 20 East Chicago Avenue
- Rev. Raymond C. Baumhart, S.J., Residence Hall & Terry Student Center
Lake Shore Campus
- Information Commons
- Cuneo Hall
- Mundelein Hall
- Norville Center for Intercollegiate Athletics
- Michael R. and Marilyn C. Quinlan Life Sciences Education & Research Center
Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood Campus
- Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
The Quinlan roof resembles a native Illinois Prairie in order to provide habitat for wildlife like pollinating insects and birds.
While most of these buildings incorporated green rooftop design as part of new construction on campus, a green rooftop was added to the Mundelein Hall building (a historical landmark building) during a 2010-2012 renovation project, showing that Loyola is committed to both building green and renovating green.