Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
The 2018 Lollapalooza Music Festival at Grant Park in Chicago wants to minimize its environmental impact by diverting waste from landfills. The Divert It! team is key to the success of the front-of-house composting system. This team will have specialized duties at assigned stations, such as helping patrons put their waste, recyclables, and compostables in the correct bins and educating fans about the Festival's environmental initiatives.
Again this year, Loyola has been picked to partner with Lollapalooza and event organizers, C3 Productions, to support sustainability efforts around the four day music festival. This opportunity allows Loyola students to help out with the recycling and composting efforts underway during the event and get access to the festival.
WE ANTICIPATE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR THIS YEAR’S PROJECT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN EARLY MAY, 2018. WE WILL POST THE LINK TO THE APPLICATION ON THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED TO AN EMAIL LIST LETTING YOU KNOW WHEN THE APPLICATION IS AVAILABLE, EMAIL YOUR INTEREST TO email@example.com WITH THE SUBJECT LINE “LOLLAPALOOZA DIVERT IT TEAM APPLICATION”.
Members of the Divert It! Team will work a paid four hour shift and gain access to the music festival. There will be three shifts (early, midday and late) and the shifts will be determined by the Loyola and C3 staff. We will try to accommodate a member's interest but expect that everyone will work each shift across the four-day festival.
Hiring preferences will be made by
- Prior Sustainability Service
- Interest in advancing sustainability.
While Loyola offers many sustainability service opportunities on campus including Think Green and Give (contact Emma Mansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer) or workdays at LUREC, you may be seeking off-campus volunteer opportunities. Here are some coming up in April and May of 2018:
- Adopt-A-Beach Clean Up Events with Alliance for the Great Lakes
- Loyola Beach 4/22, 5/13
- Hollywood – Ardmore / Kathy Osterman Beach 4/21
- Albion / Hartigan Beach 4/21
- You must sign up in advance: https://greatlakes.org/events/
- Chicago Park District Clean Up
- Berger Park Earth Day Clean Up 4/21 – Register Here.
- Many other park and Cook County Forest Preserve sites are listed here: Register Here.
- City of Chicago Clean and Green
- 48th Ward - Various locations 4/21 – Find out more here - http://48thward.org/ward-events/edgewater-annual-clean-green-day-and-e-recycling/
- 49th Ward – Various locations 5/5 – Find out more here - https://www.ward49.com/calendar-events/49th-ward-spring-clean-up-taste-of-rogers-park/
- North Branch Restoration Project – Full schedule of workdays listed here.
- Openlands TreeKeepers – 4/14, 4/21 - https://openlands.org/2018/04/01/celebrate-earth-day-around-chicagoland/
- Center for Experiential Learning has a searchable map for service opportunities: http://www.luc.edu/experiential/CPRG_index.shtml and Chicago Cares lists volunteer opportunities as well: https://www.chicagocares.org/search?page=1&sort_c=0&sort_o=asc&opportunity_id=
If you have a service opportunity identified that addresses sustainability through improving equity, society or the environment, reach out to us and see if it meets our criteria at email@example.com.
Any questions on service eligibility can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.