Loyola-palooza Job Opportunity
We've extended our application deadline until July 11, 2018!
The 2018 Lollapalooza Music Festival at Grant Park in Chicago wants to minimize its environmental impact by diverting waste from landfills. The Divert It! team is key to the success of the front-of-house composting system. This team will have specialized duties at assigned stations, such as helping patrons put their waste, recyclables, and compostables in the correct bins and educating fans about the Festival's environmental initiatives.
Again this year, Loyola has been picked to partner with Lollapalooza and event organizers, C3 Productions, to support sustainability efforts around the four day music festival. This opportunity allows Loyola students to help out with the recycling and composting efforts underway during the event and get access to the festival.
The Application is now live. Click on the link below to fill out the application. Please note that you should have your resume ready as a .pdf file.
Divert It! Team Application: https://fs19.formsite.com/C32007/form247/index.html?1529095697723
Members of the Divert It! Team will work a paid four hour shift and gain access to the music festival. There will be three shifts (early, midday and late) and the shifts will be determined by the Loyola and C3 staff. We will try to accommodate a member's interest but expect that everyone will work each shift across the four-day festival.
Hiring preferences will be made by
- Prior Sustainability Service
- Interest in advancing sustainability.
While Loyola offers many sustainability service opportunities on campus including Think Green and Give or workdays at LUREC, you may be seeking off-campus volunteer opportunities. Here are some great places to find sustainability service opportunities:
- Adopt-A-Beach Clean Up Events with Alliance for the Great Lakes -You must sign up in advance: https://greatlakes.org/events/
- Chicago Park District Clean Ups and Natural Areas - https://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/get-involved/volunteer
- North Branch Restoration Project – Full schedule of workdays listed here.
- Openlands TreeKeepers – 4/14, 4/21 - https://openlands.org/2018/04/01/celebrate-earth-day-around-chicagoland/
- Center for Experiential Learning has a searchable map for service opportunities: http://www.luc.edu/experiential/CPRG_index.shtml and Chicago Cares lists volunteer opportunities as well:https://www.chicagocares.org/search?page=1&sort_c=0&sort_o=asc&opportunity_id=
If you have a service opportunity identified that addresses sustainability through improving equity, society or the environment, reach out to us and see if it meets our criteria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions on service eligibility can be directed to email@example.com.