The U-Pass program at Loyola University Chicago is governed by a contract that has been agreed upon by Loyola University Chicago and the Chicago Transit Authority. While Loyola and CTA each have their internal policies regarding the U-Pass, there are select policies that each cardholder should know and adhere to immediately when receiving the U-Pass privilege.
- A students' U-Pass provides unlimited rides on the CTA during a students' enrollment as a full-time student
- A student does not need to obtain a new U-Pass each semester/term
- As long as a student is enrolled full-time in school, U-Pass privileges will be loaded onto their U-Pass automatically at the start of each semester/term
- Students can add full fare passes and transit value to their Ventra U-Pass during times when school is not in session (Winter and Summer Breaks)
- A students' U-Pass is valid for 5 years, and a students' transit account will stay active when a student is not enrolled in school (i.e. graduation). However, the U-Pass portion of the card will no longer be active after graduation, and the student must load their own funds in order to use the card to travel.
U-Pass Replacement, Rules, and Regulations
As students begin to use their U-Pass, they should be aware of the following rules for being a U-Pass cardholder:
- Students should handle their cards carefully. There is a replacement fee if your card stops working as a result of abuse.
- A U-Pass is for the issuing students' use only. U-Passes cannot be transferred or sold. If this rule is violated, CTA and Loyola University Chicago reserves the right to confiscate the pass and prohibit a student from having a U-Pass for a full year and/or press criminal charges.
- If a U-Pass is damaged, lost or stolen, students can visit one of Loyola's (2) U-Pass customer service locations to complete a replacement pass transaction. If a student feels that their card is damaged, they must visit Ventra Headquarters at 165 N. Jefferson Chicago, IL to have them run tests on the card (this waives the replacement fee). In the event a pass is lost/stolen, a $50 non-refundable fee will be collected (Rambler Bucks only). In the event the card is damaged, Ventra will provide the student with a form that they can present to Loyola University Chicago to waive the fee and order the pass
- All replacement passes should be arrive at Loyola between 5-7 business days after the pass was ordered. The student will be notified when their replacement card arrives and can pick it up at either customer service location.