During the course of your semester in Ho Chi Minh City, you will explore Vietnam and Cambodia as part of your program. You will experience Southeast Asia's geographical beauty and cultural diversity on the following academically-oriented excursions. These excursions are an integral element to your Vietnam Center experience and are included in your program costs.
Cu Chi Tunnels
- Explore the tunnels and learn how many Vietnamese in this area experienced the war with the United States.
- Also known as "the underground village," the tunnels were the most complicated and longest system in Vietnam at 250 km.
Mekong River Delta
- Visit a temple of Cao Dai, a religion created in Vietnam.
- Tour the area through local experiences by visiting a floating market, brick kiln, handicraft village, homestay with local family, and cycling around the islet under the fruit tree shade.
- Spend an evening eating food and listening to folk music unique to the Mekong Delta.
Central & Northern Region
- Visit temples and tombs from the ancient Cham society at My Son.
- Learn about Vietnam's last imperial dynasty on a tour of the former capital of Hue.
- Experience Vietnamese nationalism at Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum in Ha Noi.
- Enjoy other sites including the ancient town of Hội An and Hạ Long bay. Both have been recognized as cultural and nature world heritage sites, and top destinations in Vietnam.
- Compare Vietnam with its neighbor to the west during this excursion.
- Visit two of Cambodia's national treasures: the Royal Palace and Angkor Archeological Park.