Wellness Center Re-Opening Plans
Dear Rambler Students,
We hope you are taking care of yourselves during this challenging time. We wanted to update you on how the Wellness Center will be prepared to help you when school starts in the fall.
Students can first access medical care by calling Dial-a-Nurse at 773-508-8883 (leave a message if call is not answered) or students can schedule a phone consultation online. Students cannot directly book medical appointments through online due to COVID, you must first call Dial-a-Nurse. A nurse will listen to student symptoms and direct them on next steps.
Our medical services are expanding to include two satellite clinics. Safe and appropriate care will be provided both in-person and via telehealth depending on the nature of your symptoms. Testing for COVID-19 will be available on the Health Sciences, Lake Shore and Water Tower Campuses. Both diagnostic testing (if you have symptoms) and screening (if you don’t have symptoms) will be available.
For more information about COVID-19 testing and medical services related to COVID-19, visit Medical Services and Information-COVID-19.
All but acute mental health appointments will be virtual. This includes group therapy, individual therapy, and psychiatry. Individual therapy and psychiatry services are only available to students living in IL. Some group therapy will be available to out-of-state students; some will be restricted to IL residents. Care management is available to all students regardless of location. Visit Appointments/First Steps and Wellness Center Groups for more information.
Ashlar the Therapy Dog will not be holding in-person “office hours.” Students can stay connected by following his Instagram @ashlarthetherapydog.
All programming will be virtual. Student groups will still meet virtually and plan programs that will be held online. The Wellness Fair is being reimagined and will still occur in a virtual format with exciting updates.
The Line will still provide support and resources on sexual and relationship violence. The Line is open M-F 8am-4:30pm and 24 hours on the weekend when school is in session. The number is 773-494-3810. Other advocacy appointments will be virtual.
Students can stay connected to the Wellness Center by following our Instagram at @loyolawellnesscenter.
Get Well. Be Well. Stay Well.
Wellness Center Staff
- Currently enrolled LUC students who are physically located IN Illinois. If you are NOT in Illinois, you can still schedule a phone triage appointment and a mental health professional will help you connect to other available resources.
- Students who engage in an initial phone triage appointment (either with dial-a-nurse or a phone triage with a mental health professional) and are deemed appropriate for Wellness Center services
- A lot like your in-person appointments! Whether you are meeting with a mental health therapist or a medical professional, you will use these Zoom appointments to discuss your concerns and receive support.
- There are new consent forms we MUST receive prior to your telehealth appointment, so please make sure you fill these out. You can find them HERE.
- Choose a quiet, private setting
- Make sure that your computer, tablet or phone has a camera and reliable internet connection
- Test your camera and audio before your session begins; ensure that both your camera and microphone are “on”
- If you want, please turn off Siri, Alexa, or other smart speakers to maintain your privacy.
- Make your Zoom window “full screen”
- Be “present” for your session as if you were in your therapist’s office; turn off device notifications and minimize distractions
Note: *Please have your student ID ready to show your therapist