Wellness Center Spring 2020 Information
Dear Rambler Students,
We hope you are taking care of yourselves during this challenging time. We wanted to update you on how the Wellness Center will continue to provide care for you during this pandemic.
As we continue to practice physical distancing, Wellness Center medical and mental health professionals and advocates are still available to you.
If you are having medical symptoms and require nursing advice, evaluation, or treatment, please call Dial-A-Nurse at 773-508-8883. You will be instructed to leave a message. Please make sure your voicemail is set-up. A nurse will call back, usually within the hour from a blocked number, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m CST. You may also book a phone appointment online here: you may schedule a 30-minute telephone assessment appointment online HERE.
At the end of this initial assessment of your concerns, a recommendation may be made for:
a) A telehealth call
b) A telehealth video visit via zoom, if you are located in Illinois
c) A community referral
Mental Health Services
If you are seeking counseling or mental health care, you may schedule a 30-minute telephone assessment appointment online HERE. At the time of your scheduled appointment, a Wellness Center therapist will call you from a blocked number.
At the end of this call a recommendation will be made for:
- Brief teletherapy with a Wellness Center therapist (teletherapy is counseling through a live video connection, over the internet. The Wellness Center will be using Zoom. This service is available if you are currently residing in Illinois)
- A referral for accessing affordable care with a provider in the community.
Virtual mindfulness meditation sessions are additionally available via Zoom with one of our social workers. Sessions are held every MWF from 2pm-3pm CST. Space is limited. Please register here.
The Line is open and running as usual. For support and resources on sexual and relationship violence, please call 773-494-3810.
The Wellness Center has compiled various online resources on our website to help you stay engaged and socially connected. You can access these resources here
Staying Connected to the Wellness Center
For the most up-to-date information on services and support, make sure to follow us on social media.
Get Well. Be Well. Stay Well.
Wellness Center Staff
- Currently enrolled LUC students who are physically located IN Illinois. If you are NOT in Illinois, you can still schedule a phone triage appointment and a mental health professional will help you connect to other available resources.
- Students who engage in an initial phone triage appointment (either with dial-a-nurse or a phone triage with a mental health professional) and are deemed appropriate for Wellness Center services
- A lot like your in-person appointments! Whether you are meeting with a mental health therapist or a medical professional, you will use these Zoom appointments to discuss your concerns and receive support.
- There are new consent forms we MUST receive prior to your telehealth appointment, so please make sure you fill these out. You can find them HERE.
- Choose a quiet, private setting
- Make sure that your computer, tablet or phone has a camera and reliable internet connection
- Test your camera and audio before your session begins; ensure that both your camera and microphone are “on”
- If you want, please turn off Siri, Alexa, or other smart speakers to maintain your privacy.
- Make your Zoom window “full screen”
- Be “present” for your session as if you were in your therapist’s office; turn off device notifications and minimize distractions
Note: *Please have your student ID ready to show your therapist