Toolkit for Staying Well and Connected during COVID-19
The Wellness Center has put together some resources for students during COVID-19. On this page you can find some fun apps and free business resources to help you stay connected and entertained. There is also important information for different populations who are affected by this crisis, and information about nutrition while sheltering at home. This page will be updated periodically with new resources. (Updated 11/20)
Toolkit for Staying Well and Connected during the Pandemic
The Wellness Center's Health Promotion team sorted through the plethora of online resources that have popped up during this period of social distancing. We have found some engaging and fun resources for students to stay socially and culturally connected while being physically distant. They are divided into 3 categories: Entertainment, Exercise, and Mindfulness. Please see below for recommendations for each category.
- Dodgeball Simulator: Play a virtual reality version of dodgeball
- Broadway HD: Watch Broadway plays and musicals online with a 7 day free tria!
- Google Arts and Culture: Can take virtual tours of hundreds of museums worldwide
- Worldwide Webcams: Watch webcams from around the world, from Abbey Road to a Las Vegas wedding chapel, to a senior dog sanctuary, to a volcano observatory
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Watch live streams of many animals, including otters, jellyfish, penguins, and sharks.
- Scattergories: Play Scattergories online with friends with this generator
- Yahtzee Party: Play Yahtzee online with friends
- Netflix Party: A Chrome extension that lets you watch Netflix with others remotely
- Houseparty: An app to video chat with groups of people and play games together
- TED-Ed: Free videos on many topics, including supplemental materials and discussion questions.
- Zumba Fitness Classes via Amazon Prime: 70 min interactive dance workout
- 15 Min HIIT Workouts via Amazon Prime: 15 Min HIIT Workouts
- YMCA360: Free online classes from boot camp classes to low-impact programs
- Well+Good: YouTube at-home workouts
- Yoga with Adriene: Free yoga classes on YouTube
- Sweat with SELF: A range of free online workout classes
- Move with Colour: Free online dance classes
- Fiton App: Free workout app
- HeadSpace: App for guided meditations
- 10% Happier: "Mindfulness for fidgety skeptics"
- MyLife: Short mindfulness activities tuned to your emotions
- Buddhify: Meditation and Mindfulness App
- The Center for Mindful Eating: Free community practice sessions, mindful eating meditations, and recorded webinars
- Insight Timer: Free library of recorded meditations for a variety of topics
- Mindfulness for Wellness: Free 8-session series developed by Dr. Louisa Sylvia at the Massachusetts General Hospital to assist in coping with stress associated with the pandemic
The Wellness Society created this helpful workbook to help people manage their stress and anxiety during COVID-19. This free resource has information on anxiety and activities for students. It can be found at: Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
Population Specific Factsheets and Resources
Please see below for resources and information for different populations during this crisis. These resources are both national and Loyola specific. If you or a fellow student are overcoming serious personal difficulties, or don't know what to do, the Loyola's Center for Student Assistance and Advocacy offers Coordinated Assistance & Resource Education, or CARE. You can submit a CARE report for yourself or others HERE.
Mental Health Resources
Loyola's mental health staff put together some helpful infographics and facetsheets for students during COVID-19. check them out at Mental Health Infographics
Visit Loyola's Mental Health Resources to learn about individual and group counseling options for students.
Nutrition and COVID-19
The Wellness Center's Dietitian, Adrienne Seitz, put together a list of FAQs students may have about nutrition during this time. Please see Nutrition FAQs. Don't see something here that you need? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!.
Craft Ideas for Quarantine
Don't let social distancing stifle your creativity! We put together some ideas of crafts you can do from your home. Check them out here: Craft Ideas for Quarantine