Holiday Travel Considerations and COVID-19
Pre-travel testing options
All Loyola students, along with faculty and staff, are strongly encouraged to participate in on-campus surveillance testing—even if fully vaccinated—before and after Winter Break if traveling. Please respect the City of Chicago travel advisory that is in place for individuals traveling out of state. Unvaccinated individuals traveling from high-risk or “orange” states are required to quarantine for at least seven days upon arrival and should be tested with a viral test between days three and five after arrival.
To register for testing and schedule a test, please visit our testing website.
Things to keep in mind if you plan to travel this holiday season
See the information from the CDC below and check out Domestic Travel during COVID-19 for more information. Please protect yourself and others by making smart decisions this holiday that take the health of yourself and your family into account.
Holiday travel considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic (Source: CDC):
Do NOT travel if…
- You have been exposed to COVID-19 unless you are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days.
- You are sick.
- You tested positive for COVID-19 and haven’t ended isolation (even if you are fully vaccinated).
- You are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test. If your test comes back positive while you are at your destination, you will need to isolate and postpone your return until it’s safe for you to end isolation. Your travel companions may need to self-quarantine.
What You Need to Know:
- Delay travel until you are fully vaccinated.
- Check your destination’s COVID-19 situation before traveling. State, local, and territorial governments may have travel restrictions in place.
- Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required in indoor areas of public transportation (including airplanes) and indoors in U.S. transportation hubs (including airports).
- Do not travel if you have been exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, or if you test positive for COVID-19.
- If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, get tested both before and after your trip.