Check out these great websites, as well as information on Loyola's mindfulness groups
- Greater Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life- www.greatergood.berkeley.edu; Based at UC Berkeley, Greater Good reports on groundbreaking research into the roots of compassion, happiness, and altruism.
- Mindful.org- www.mindful.org; This site has the best feature stories, news, instructions, and commentary- in writing, images, audio, and video- that we can find about mindfulness, awareness, kindness, and compassion.
- Mindfulness and the Brain- www.rickhanson.net/writings/buddhas-brain; Learn more about how meditation and mindfulness practice changes the brain.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook Blog- http://mbsrworkbook.com/blog/; At least weekly blogs and interviews with great information, insight and tips
- Self-Compassion- http://www.self-compassion.org
- Ignatian Spirituality and the Daily Examen- http://www.ignatianspirituality.com/; A basic presentation of the "Daily Examen", an essential tool in Ignatian Spirituality in providing a helpful meditative technique.
- Insight Timer (free)
- Stop, Think Breathe (free)
- Headspace (cost associated)
On Campus Resources
- Drop in Mindfulness Group - Runs Fall and Spring Semesters on Mondays from 4:30-5:30 once a week. Drop-in sessions are held in the Quiet Reading Room (317), in the IC.
- Places to meditate on campus (student recommended!)- IC, the stacks in Cudahy library, chapel in Mundelein, benches on lakefront.
- Taize Prayer at Madonna della Strada Chapel- Taize Prayer is a liturgy filled with song, scripture, and silent meditation. The sanctuary is candlelit, making a space that is ready for meditative silence and song. Wednesdays at 9:30 pm during the school year, resumes on August 31st, 2016. Visit http://www.luc.edu/campusministry/sacramental_life/eucharist/ for more info.
- Yoga classes at Halas- Classes offered throughout the year; http://www.luc.edu/campusrec/fitness/groupfitness/.
Greater Chicago Resources
- Insight Chicago- A Buddhist Meditation group. Has sittings weekly in Evanston and Ravenswood; http://insightchicago.org/
- Shambhala Chicago- A Buddhist Meditation Center near campus. Has both Buddhist and secular sittings weekly. Located at 6361 N Broadway, Chicago IL. Website: http://chicago.shambhala.org/aboutus/