Sister Jean: Back in the Day
Before shooting to international stardom during 2018 March Madness, we knew Sister Jean (Jean Dolores Schmidt, BVM) from her long career at Mundelein College. Mundelein College was founded by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (BVMs) in 1930 and affiliated with Loyola University Chicago in 1991. The Women and Leadership Archives at Loyola University Chicago hold a collection of materials from Sister Jean's time at Mundelein.
- Early photos of Sister Jean at Mundelein College. If you use any of the photos for online publications or commercial purposes, please include the credit line: "Image courtesy of the Women and Leadership Archives, Loyola University Chicago." Use is free but please fill out and send the to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timeline of Sister Jean's career at Mundelein College
- Sister Jean's Collection at the WLA
- Sister Jean Oral History: Audio & Transcript
- Sister Jean 2018 March Madness: Archive-It