The University has developed a Loyola Health function within the Loyola Mobile app to help students, faculty, and staff promote health and safety on campus. Specifically, it allows users to:
- View their Campus Access Status (based on participation in on-campus surveillance testing)
- Manage on-campus surveillance testing logistics
- Report a positive COVID-19 case
- Access the COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- Access additional COVID-19 links and resources
Loyola Health can also be accessed via desktop or web browser at campushealth.LUC.edu/loyolahealth.
The information below outlines features within the Loyola Health function. For more information on surveillance testing at Loyola and accessing campus, please visit the On-Campus Testing page and view our Return to Campus Checklist.
View Campus Access Status
When opening the Loyola Health function within the Loyola Mobile app, users will be presented with a dashboard outlining their Campus Access Status. Depending on their status, a RED, YELLOW, or GREEN bar will appear and indicate how they should proceed.
This bar indicates whether you have completed your E-Consent Form for compliance with on-campus surveillance testing.
- Green: Consent form is signed.
- Yellow: Consent form is not signed, but your COVID-19 vaccine record is approved. Please sign the consent form before scheduling your test.
- Red: Consent form is not signed. Please sign the consent form before scheduling your test.
If you have taken a COVID-19 test on campus in the last 14 days, your test results will appear here.
- You tested negative in your recent test.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine information is approved, and you are exempt from testing.
- You are exempt from testing for 90 days after contracting COVID-19.
- You tested positive in your recent test.
- You were in close contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19, and you are in quarantine.
- Your recent test result was inconclusive. You are recommended to quarantine and schedule for testing.
- You have not tested in the past week. If you are coming to campus, please schedule your test.
Note: If you do receive a positive test result from an on-campus COVID-19 test, your bar will appear RED for 10 days. At the end of the 10-day period, your bar will appear YELLOW until the next time you take a test on campus.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine is approved, and you are not eligible for COVID-19 booster vaccine.
- Your COVID-19 booster information is approved.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine or booster exemption request is approved.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information is unapproved after review.
- You have not uploaded your COVID-19 vaccine booster information or have not received a religious or medical exemption.
- If eligible, you have to upload your COVID-19 booster information.
- You have uploaded your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information, and your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information is being reviewed for approval.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine record is approved, but it has not been two weeks since your final dose. (Note: CDC advises that you are fully vaccinated only two weeks after your final dose.)
This bar indicates whether the University is concerned with any issues regarding your compliance with on-campus testing.
- Green: There are no compliance issues recorded under your name. You may come to campus.
- Red: There are ompliance issues recorded under your name, and your University ID card is deactivated. You should not come to campus.
Manage On-Campus Surveillance Testing
The Loyola Health function also allows users to manage on-campus surveillance testing. Using the buttons available above Campus Access Status dashboard, users can:
- Register with Shield: If you have not already, register with Shield Illinois to participate in on-campus surveillance testing.
- Schedule and View Results: Schedule a surveillance test or view your test results through Shield Illinois.
- Sign E-Consent Form: If you want to access campus and participate in surveillance testing and have not already, you can sign your E-Consent form.
Note: If you are on campus and would like to take a test but have not registered with Shield, you will need to provide your LID for Shield, which is also located directly above the Campus Access Status dashboard. This is your unique identification number for on-campus testing.
Report a Positive COVID-19 Case
Users can report a Positive COVID-19 case by clicking “Report COVID-19” in the Loyola Health menu. You can also report a positive case by emailing COVID-19report@LUC.edu.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
The COVID-19 Symptom Checker now lives within the Loyola Health function of the Loyola Mobile app. Using the Symptom Checker, students, faculty, and staff are asked daily to check for any symptoms they have in the morning. Depending on their symptoms, the app will provide a RED, YELLOW, or GREEN sign indicating how the user should proceed.
At this time, the CDC has identified that COVID-19 symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater
- Chills and shakes
- Runny nose or new sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
An instructional video on how to use the Symptom Checker can be found below. For more information about the symptoms of COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.