The University has developed a Loyola Health function within the Loyola Mobile app to help students, faculty, and staff promote health and safety on campus. Specifically, it allows users to:
- View their Campus Access Status
- Report a positive COVID-19 case
- Access the COVID-19 Symptom Checker
- Access additional COVID-19 links and resources
Loyola Health can also be accessed via desktop or web browser at campushealth.LUC.edu/loyolahealth.
The information below outlines features within the Loyola Health function. For more information on recent updates to health and safety protocols at Loyola University Chicago, please visit our Health, Safety, And Well-Being website.
View Campus Access Status
When opening the Loyola Health function within the Loyola Mobile app, users will be presented with a dashboard outlining their Campus Access Status. Depending on their status, a RED, YELLOW, or GREEN bar will appear and indicate how they should proceed.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine is approved, and you are not eligible for COVID-19 booster vaccine.
- Your COVID-19 booster information is approved.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine or booster exemption request is approved.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information is unapproved after review.
- You have not uploaded your COVID-19 vaccine booster information or have not received a religious or medical exemption.
- If eligible, you have to upload your COVID-19 booster information.
- You have uploaded your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information, and your COVID-19 vaccine or booster information is being reviewed for approval.
- Your COVID-19 vaccine record is approved, but it has not been two weeks since your final dose. (Note: CDC advises that you are fully vaccinated only two weeks after your final dose.)
This bar indicates whether the University is concerned with any issues regarding your compliance with on-campus testing.
- Green: There are no compliance issues recorded under your name. You may come to campus.
- Red: There are ompliance issues recorded under your name, and your University ID card is deactivated. You should not come to campus.
Report a Positive COVID-19 Case
Users can report a Positive COVID-19 case by clicking “Report COVID-19” in the Loyola Health menu. You can also report a positive case by emailing COVID-19report@LUC.edu.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
The COVID-19 Symptom Checker now lives within the Loyola Health function of the Loyola Mobile app. Using the Symptom Checker, students, faculty, and staff are asked daily to check for any symptoms they have in the morning. Depending on their symptoms, the app will provide a RED, YELLOW, or GREEN sign indicating how the user should proceed.
At this time, the CDC has identified that COVID-19 symptoms may include one or more of the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- A fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or greater
- Chills and shakes
- Runny nose or new sinus congestion
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
An instructional video on how to use the Symptom Checker can be found below. For more information about the symptoms of COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.